Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Footwear in the United Arab Emirates", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/16/2014 -- The increasing consumer confidence levels and higher consequent spending on apparel and footwear as a result of the economic recovery are the principle underpinnings of the growth in footwear in 2013. This trend has spurred on spending on footwear in 2013 in the UAE, along with the increasing popularity of Western-style dressing and fashion trends. These have resulted in more consumers being concerned with the maintenance of their external appearance and the wearing of suitably fashionable and trendy clothes and footwear, which in turn has led to an increase in purchasing footwear in terms of quantity and variety, in order to meet these requirements. The burgeoning appetite for premium and luxury purchases of apparel and footwear also impacted footwear growth in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The leading companies in footwear in 2013 were Landmark Group, Apparel group and M H Alshaya Co with respective shares of 28%, 23%, and 5%, in 2013. Similarly, the leading brands in 2013 were Shoe Mart, which is owned by Landmark Group and represents a 19% share of value sales in footwear, Aldo which is owned regionally by Apparel group with a 9% share of value sales and finally Nine West, which is also distributed by Apparel Group and accounts for an 8% share of value sales. Landmark Group dominates through its ownership of the Shoe Mart brand, which is widely popular and seen as value-for-money by consumers in the region. Its competitive pricing and wide range of offerings means it is able to provide footwear offerings to most sections of the consumer populations. The other leading companies, Apparel Group and M H Alshaya Co also offer a wide range of competitively priced international fashionable footwear brands, such as Aldo, Nine West, Dune and Milano, thus appealing to fashion-conscious and aspirational consumers who are growing in numbers in the UAE. The affordability of their footwear offerings mean brand conscious consumers are able to indulge themselves in following Western fashion trends comfortably.
Predictions of a strong, growing economy in the UAE over the forecast period and consequently of increases in the levels of disposable income available to consumers in the region are expected to lead to an increase in expenditure by consumers on footwear in the UAE over the forecast period. Footwear is also expected to benefit from the anticipated increase in tourism shopping, particularly from countries like China, Brazil and Russia. Finally, footwear is set to also continue to benefit from the growing popularity and adoption of Western fashion trends by the increasingly brand-conscious consumer base in the UAE.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Footwear industry in United Arab Emirates with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Footwear industry in United Arab Emirates, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Footwear in United Arab Emirates market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Footwear in United Arab Emirates?
- What are the major brands in United Arab Emirates?
- How dynamic is the growth of clothing and footwear internet sales?
- What is the performance of women?s clothing vs men?s clothing?
- What % of clothing and footwear sales goes through grocery retailers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Children's Footwear, Men's Footwear, Women's Footwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Footwear in United Arab Emirates
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Menswear in the United Arab Emirates
- Shampoo Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Styling Agents Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Hair Colorants Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Apparel and Footwear in the United Arab Emirates
- Conditioner Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Jeans in the United Arab Emirates
- Facial Care Market in the UAE to 2017