New Materials research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/11/2013 -- Gas analyzers, sensors and detectors (GASD) are safety devices used in the industrial, commercial, medical and several other industries. Generally, these devices play a major role in providing life safety and to avoid fire break outs by continuously analyzing and monitoring the concentration of gases in different end user industries. Hence, gas analyzers, sensors and detectors are used to measure and monitor the concentration and quantity of a single or multi gas in the mixture of gases, thereby providing adequate safety to life. Based on the working principle technology, the devices can be classified into Electrochemical, Infrared, Catalytic, Zirconia, Paramagnetic, Laser, Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS), Photo Ionization Detection (PID) and others. Each technology has its own unique features with respective detection range and application. The demand for GASD devices is influenced by growing awareness of poisonous and combustible gases in the environment and government regulations to provide human safety.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Gas analyzer is an assembly that consists of sensors and display devices, where sensors can detect particulate gases and the detected signal can be displayed on the monitor. Gas analyzers can analyze the physical parameters of particular gases such as pressure, temperature, flow rate, concentration, etc. Basically, sensors and detectors are the same, but the major difference is that a sensor can only sense a gas in the mixture of gases where as a detector can also raise an alarm to the operators in the area to alert them about the leakage or of any other threat. The gas analyzers, sensors and detectors can be either fixed or portable, based on the end user interest. Fixed device is for permanent and continuous analysis, mostly used by big industries where continuous monitoring is the prime factor. Portable devices are used for periodic analysis where rental devices are used.
The global gas analyzers, sensors and detectors market is moderately fragmented, where Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.), Industrial Scientific Corporation (U.S.), Mine Safety Appliances Co. (U.S.), and Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA (Germany) captured about 70.0% of the market share in production and supply. The companies in this market need to compete with each other with respect to prices and a wide product range with advanced technology and detectable gases in order to meet market requirements.
Scope of the Report
The report analyzes the gas analyzers, sensors and detectors market in various applications and covers the market demand with respective regions. The report also provides a market overview for the gas analyzers, sensors and detectors market.
Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS)
Photo Ionization Detection (PID)
Oil & Gas and Chemicals
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market by Types (Disinfection: Chlorine, UV, Ozone; Filtration: Granular, Adsorption, RO, MF, UF; Desalination, Testing), By Applications (Municipal, Industrial), & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Shotcrete/Sprayed Concrete Market by Process (Wet & Dry), Applications (Underground Construction, Water Retaining Structures, Protective Coatings, Repair Works & Others), Systems & Geography: Global Trends and Forecasts to 2018
- Microspheres Market By Type (Hollow, Solid), Application (Construction Composites, Medical Technology, Paints & Coatings,Cosmetics, Oil & Gas, Automotive, Aerospace)& Raw Material (Glass, Ceramic & Others) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Cold Insulation Market By Types (Fiber Glass, Polyurethane Foam, Polystyrene Foam, Phenolic Foam & Others) & Application (HVAC, Refrigeration, Oil & Gas, Chemicals & Others) Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Adhesives & Sealants Market By Chemical Type, By Technology, By Applications (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive, Packaging , Construction, Automotive, Woodwork, & Others) & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Colorants Market - Dyes (Reactive, Disperse, Acid, Direct, Basic, VAT), Organic Pigments (Azo, Phthalocyanines, High Performance) & Inorganic Pigments (TiO2, Iron Oxide, Carbon Black & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- North America Water Storage Systems Market, By End Use, Application, Material Type & Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Unsaturated Polyester Resin Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Driver Assistance Systems Market: Global Trends and Forecast to 2018
- Fuel Cell Technology Market: By Applications (Portable, Stationary, Transport), Types (PEMFC, DMFC, PAFC, SOFC, MCFC), Fuel (Hydrogen, Natural Gas, Methanol, Anaerobic Digester Gas) & Geography- Global Trends and Forecast to 2018