New Retailing market report from Euromonitor International: "Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Peru"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/22/2015 -- Chained parapharmacies/drugstores remain the most successful format in the health and beauty specialist retailers environment, accounting for 62% of overall value sales in the category in 2014. This scenario can be explained by several factors. Firstly, parapharmacies frequently invest in opening outlets within districts in Lima and cities in provinces where untapped demand exists. Secondly, tight competition among chained parapharmacies determines that leading players offer periodical discounts, promotions for specific groups such as elderly consumers, and free medical consultations on specific days. In addition, some consumers are increasingly opting to purchase personal care products through these outlets, as they usually carry lower unit prices than those offered within modern grocery retailers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Parapharmacy Eckerd Per? SA continued to lead the category in health and beauty specialist retailers in Peru, with a 24% value share in 2014. The company benefits from a strong network of outlets which guarantee its presence in every main and second-tier city in the country. In addition, Eckerd Per? SA relies on competitive prices, and implements TV commercials where clients provide testimonies regarding the discounts and quality of products. As a result, Eckerd Per? SA increased its share by one percentage point in 2014.
Health and beauty specialist retailers are expected to post a 5% constant value CAGR over the forecast period, representing a slightly better performance than that observed over the review period. Consumers benefiting from higher disposable incomes will increase their purchase of products to take better care of their health, prevent certain conditions or improve their personal appearance. In addition, continued expansion of chained parapharmacies will underpin the performance of the category.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Peru with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Peru, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Peru market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers channel in Peru?
- Who are the leading retailers in Peru?
- How is consumers? desire to look good and stay health driving sales for health and beauty specialists?
- How are health and beauty specialists? product mixes being adapted to consumers? changing shopping patterns?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Russia
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the United Kingdom
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Taiwan