New Pharmaceuticals research report from GBI Research is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/07/2014 -- GBI Research, has released the pharma report, "Hepatitis C Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - Outstanding Recent Approvals and Late-Stage Pipeline to Transform Clinical and Commercial Landscape". The current Hepatitis C treatment landscape consists of a combination of pegylated interferon, ribavirin and, in patients infected with genotype 1 hepatitis C, one of two direct-acting antiviral agents (DAAs). Products with these mechanisms of action have performed strongly in the commercial setting, with the market leader Incivek (a DAA) having reached blockbuster sales.
However, these products are very poorly tolerated and only moderately efficacious. The approval of the DAA Sovaldi in December 2013 changed this, with a complete viral clearance being achieved in close to 100% of patients and a much improved adverse event profile compared to previous standards of therapy. In patients with genotype 2 and 3 hepatitis C, Sovaldi does not need to be administered with pegylated interferon. A number of products in the late-stage pipeline, which promise to be even more efficacious and safe are anticipated to enter the market over the forecast period, including several interferon-free therapies for genotype 1-infected patients. As a result of this, as well as an overall increase in the treated population, GBI Research believes the global market has the potential to grow to a value of $18.6 billion by 2019, more than tripling the 2012 market value of $5.8 billion.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- A brief introduction to hepatitis C, including the disease's pathogenesis, risk factors and diagnosis, and detailed analyses of disease epidemiology and treatment algorithms.
- In-depth analysis of the major antiviral drugs used in the treatment of hepatitis C, including analyses of their safety, efficacy, treatment patterns and strengths/weaknesses. Includes a heat map that compares marketed drugs in terms of safety and efficacy.
- A comprehensive review of the pipeline for hepatitis C therapies, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market during the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed by phase distribution, molecule type and molecular target.
- In-depth clinical trial enrolment, trial duration and program failure rate analyses for each molecule type and mechanism of action. Additionally, clinical trial endpoints and certain selection criteria are analyzed in great depth. This section also includes an additional heat map regarding pipeline products, and a direct cross-analysis against currently marketed products.
- Multi-scenario forecast data of the market to 2019, which takes into account the effects of the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs and the changes in disease epidemiology across the key developed markets: US, Canada, Japan, Germany, UK, France, Italy and Spain.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New Drug Approvals and Promising Pipeline to Counter Declines from Patent Expiries
- Ophthalmology Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New Drug Approvals and Promising Pipeline to Trigger Shift in Treatment Paradigm to Combination Therapies
- Epilepsy Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New AEDs with Novel Mechanisms of Action Signal a Shift in Treatment Patterns
- Asthma Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Breakthrough Biologics to Enhance Treatment of Severe Asthma and Drive Market Growth
- Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Rising Prevalence and Strong Uptake of Recent Approvals to Drive Robust Growth to 2019
- Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth
- Cardiovascular Diseases Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - Increasing Prevalence and Promising Novel Drugs offset Patent Cliff Threat
- Obesity Therapeutics to 2019 - Safety Concerns Hinder Drug Performance Despite Large Market Opportunity
- Systemic Psoriasis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - Continued Uptake of Biologics and Novel Pipeline Drugs to Drive Growth
- Parkinson's Disease Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Pipeline Shows Shift Towards Long Term Disease Management