Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/20/2014 -- The world is moving beyond standalone devices into a new era in which everything is connected. The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to uniquely identifiable objects (things) and their virtual representations in an Internet-like structure. Stated differently, the concept involves the notion that there are many things (assets, objects, etc.) in the world that may be addressed/labeled/cataloged for various purposes. One term used for this concept is "Object Hyperlink", which refers to the notion of extending the Internet to objects and locations in the real world. In other words, the Internet is associated with (or mapped to) the real world by attaching object tags with URLs as meta-objects to tangible objects or locations.
In all cases, there is a need for communication, which may occur over great distances or within close proximity to the item. Examples include everything from telemetry applications such as monitoring remote electric utility infrastructure via wireless connections via machine-to-machine (M2M) connections to proximity applications such as reader-tag interactions that occur via Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) solutions involving Near Field Communications (NFC) or other methods.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Leading companies in IoT are the pioneers in establishing the vision, infrastructure, technologies, and solutions for the networks, applications, and solutions that will power the future of non-human communications.
As part of its series of reports focused on Internet of Things (IoT) Leaders, this report evaluates: Qualcomm
This report is a must-read for anyone interested to learn more about IoT, leading companies, technologies, and solutions.
Save time and gain valuable insights into the current status of IoT, future direction, and market opportunities.
- Semiconductor companies
- Embedded systems companies
- Application developers and aggregators
- Managed service and middleware companies
- Wireless network operators and service providers
- Data management and predictive analysis companies
- Sensor, presence, location, and detection solution providers
- Internet identity management, privacy, and security companies
- M2M, Internet of Things (IoT), and general telecommunications companies
- Wireless infrastructure (cellular, WiMAX, WiFi, RFID/NFC, and Beacon) providers
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Internet research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Wireless Networks: Technologies, Business Drivers, and Market Outlook
- Internet of Things (IOT) Leaders: Intel
- Internet of Things (IoT) & Machine-To-Machine (M2M) Communication Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- Social Media, Internet of Things, and the Future of Public Health
- Internet Access - Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Internet Access - Scandinavia Industry Guide
- Internet Access - North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide
- Internet Access in Sweden
- Australia - Smart Infrastructure - Smart Energy driven by The Internet of Things
- Australia - Smart Infrastructure - Smart Cities