New Retailing research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/20/2013 -- The Israel Retail Report examines the long-term potential of the local consumer market, but flags short-term concerns about the impact on Israel's economic outlook of slowing private consumption and government spending.
The report examines how best to maximise returns in the Israeli retail market while minimising investment risk, and also explores the impact of a possible further deterioration of the situation in the eurozone on the Israeli consumer and on the ability of producers and exporters to realise returns in the short term.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by the leading players in the Israeli retail sector, as they seek to maximise the growth opportunities offered by the local market.
Israeli per-capita consumer spending is forecast to increase by 22.4% to 2017, compared with a regional growth average of 47.2%. The country comes fourth (out of seven) in BMI's Middle East and Africa Retail Risk/Reward Ratings, although it outperforms significantly for Risk. Among all retail categories, over-thecounter (OTC) pharmaceuticals will be the outperformer through to 2017 in growth terms, with sales forecast to increase by nearly 27% between 2013 and 2017, from US$0.47bn to US$0.59bn, with solid demand for patented medicines among the wealthier population. In the competitive arena, BMI sees upside potential in the regulatory changes that are driving marked OTC and non-patented market growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
- We project real GDP growth in Israel to come in at 3.7% and 3.8% in 2013 and 2014 respectively, compared with our estimate of 3.2% growth in 2012. Growth will be driven primarily by fixed investment as well as declining imports, while private consumption patterns will slow. Private consumption growth averaged only 2.5% over the first three quarters of 2012, having declined steadily since Q111, and we see the downtrend continuing over the coming quarters. We forecast private consumption increasing 5.4% and 4.8% in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Poland Retail Report Q4 2013
- Russia Retail Report Q4 2013
- Singapore Retail Report Q4 2013
- Hungary Retail Report Q4 2013
- Turkey Retail Report Q4 2013
- Romania Retail Report Q4 2013
- Bulgaria Retail Report Q4 2013
- Croatia Retail Report Q4 2013
- Czech Republic Retail Report Q4 2013
- Indonesia Retail Report Q4 2013