Recently published research from GBI Research, "Major Depressive Disorder Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - New Launches and Modest Uptake of New Adjunctive Treatments to Offset Patent Expiries", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/21/2014 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Major Depressive Disorder Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - New Launches and Modest Uptake of New Adjunctive Treatments to Offset Patent Expiries", which provides insights into Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in the major developed markets of the US, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan and Canada. The report provides an estimation of market size for 2013, along with market forecast until 2020. It also covers disease epidemiology, treatment algorithms, treatment use patterns, in-depth analysis of the pipeline, clinical trial failure rate and deal analysis for MDD. The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis carried out by GBI Research's team of industry experts. In 2013, the value of the MDD therapeutics market in major developed countries amounted to an estimated $8.7 billion. The market is forecast to decline at a negative Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 1.1% between 2013 and 2020 to reach $8.1 billion. The decline is due to key patent expiries of blockbuster drugs such as Lexapro, Cymbalta, Abilify, and Seroquel XR during the forecast period. The expected launch of few promising pipeline molecules such as brexpiprazole, cariprazine, ALKS-5461, GLYX-13 is likely to offset the key patent expiries. Recently launched Brintellix which has a novel multimodal mechanism of action and is the only drug which can provide improvements in cognitive function is expected to lead the market by the end of forecasting period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report analyzes treatment use patterns, market characterization, pipeline analysis and key licensing and co-development deals MDD in the major developed markets of the US, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan and Canada.The report includes -
- A brief introduction to MDD, including the disease's pathophysiology, etiology, diagnosis and treatment algorithms.
- In-depth analysis of currently marketed drugs for MDD, including analysis of their safety, efficacy, treatment patterns and strengths/weaknesses. Including a heat map comparing the drugs in terms of safety and efficacy
- A comprehensive review of the pipeline for MDD, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market during the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule types, program types, mechanisms of action and molecular targets
- Additional in-depth analysis of pipeline drug clinical trials by phase, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate for each molecule type.
- Multi-scenario forecast data of the market to 2020, taking into account how the market may be affected by the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs and the changes in disease epidemiology across the key developed markets.
Discussion of the drivers and barriers for market growth.
- In-depth analysis of all licensing and co-development deals that have occurred in the MDD market since 2006.
Reasons to Get This Report
The report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Understand the MDD pipeline and the factors that indicate that it is becoming more innovative. Observe detailed profiles for promising pipeline products and gain insights into how they are likely to compete in the market and who their main competitors will be.
- Follow the trends in MDD clinical trial size and duration in relation to industry averages. In addition, the report will enable you to assess the potential risk of future developmental programs for MDD therapeutics, depending on the mechanism of action, by considering the recorded clinical trial failure rates.
- Observe the potential growth patterns expected for the MDD market over the forecast period. Identify which countries are expected to contribute the most to this growth and devise a more effectively tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers in the MDD market
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for strategic partnerships.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New Drug Approvals and Promising Pipeline to Counter Declines from Patent Expiries
- Critical Care Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - New and Late-Stage Four-Factor PCCs and Recombinant Products to Drive Market
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - New Entrants and Promising Pipeline Widen Targeted and Immunotherapeutic Treatment Options
- Epilepsy Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New AEDs with Novel Mechanisms of Action Signal a Shift in Treatment Patterns
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- Major Depressive Disorder - Pipeline Review, H2 2014
- Systemic Psoriasis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - Continued Uptake of Biologics and Novel Pipeline Drugs to Drive Growth
- Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - Late-Stage Pipeline Focuses on Improved Progression Free-Surival and Targeted Therapies
- Ophthalmology Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New Drug Approvals and Promising Pipeline to Trigger Shift in Treatment Paradigm to Combination Therapies
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023