New Retailing market report from Euromonitor International: "Mixed Retailers in Argentina"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/30/2015 -- During 2014 the economic crisis had opposite results in the only two chains of department stores operating in the country. On the one hand, Falabella decided to suspend its plan to invest in the country by developing new stores, as in Peru or Chile. Meanwhile, the Mexican chain Coppel continued with its expansion plans in Argentina, opening two new outlets in 2013 and another two in 2014. Whilst Falabella projects that the economic crisis will deepen, and decided to suspend its investment in the country, Coppel decided that it was time to gain share regardless of the economic context.
In 2014 Falabella Argentina led mixed retailers with sales of ARS4.3 billion, reaching a value share of 60%. This company, of Chilean origin, entered Argentina in the province of Mendoza in 1993, and currently has 11 stores. Falabella has a strong position thanks to its wide variety of products and discounts, as well as having its own card, called CRM, offering exclusive discounts.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In the forecast period it is expected that mixed retailers will register a value CAGR of 2% at constant 2014 prices. Consumer spending is expected to decline over the forecast period, due to the instability of the Argentinean economy. According to recognised economists, Argentina will only start to recover from 2016; therefore consumers will continue to be more rational when buying, also considering that an increase in unemployment and a reduction in purchasing power is expected.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mixed Retailers industry in Argentina with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mixed Retailers industry in Argentina, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mixed Retailers in Argentina market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Mixed Retailers channel in Argentina?
- Who are the leading retailers in Argentina?
- How are mixed retailers competing against the growth of grocery retailers?
- Are consumers switching towards value retailers or moving upmarket?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mixed Retailers in Russia
- Retailing in Mexico
- Mixed Retailers in Japan
- Retailing in Taiwan
- Mixed Retailers in Turkey