Fast Market Research recommends "Slovakia Telecommunications Report 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/11/2015 -- Executive Summary
BMI View: The broadband sector is witnessing strong growth on the back of investments in next generation wireless and wireline networks and the demand for multiplay services. This will lead to the outperformance of telecoms service providers offering convergence services in volume and value terms.
- The mobile sector grew by 1.3% in 9M14, compared to a contraction of 0.8% during the same period in 2013.
- The market weighted average ARPU fell by 1.4% in 9M14.
- The fixed-line sector contracted by 2.4% in H114.
- Mobile and fixed broadband subscriptions grew by 4.2% and 3.7% respectively in H114.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs)
Slovakia is in fourth position in BMI's Q115 RRR table. The country scores above the regional average in all four categories of ratings, although its best score is in the Industry Risks category which reflects steady progress towards the alignment of its telecoms policies with wider EU policies. Slovakia's lowest score is in the Industry Rewards category, where its favourable rating for relatively high ARPUs and strong subscriber mix is counterbalanced by weak subscriptions growth and declining EBITDA figures.
In January 2015, Slovakia's telecoms regulator, the Office for Electronic Communications & Postal Services (TU SR), launched an auction for three nationwide blocks of wireless broadband spectrum in the 3.5GHz band. The regulator is selling off two 8?5MHz blocks suitable for either frequency or time division duplexing (FDD or TDD) technology, plus one 4?5MHz TDD block. The first two blocks have a reserve price of EUR600,000 (USD695,000), while the TDD tranche has a reserve price of EUR300,000. Bidders are allowed to acquire a maximum of 40MHz, while the deadline for bids was set at February 18 2015.
Slovak Telekom (ST), which is part of the Deutsche Telekom (DT) group, completed its transition to an all-IP network, with all fixed services now offered via an IP platform, in December 2014....
The Slovakia Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Slovakia's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Slovakia Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Slovakia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Slovakia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Slovak telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Slovakia's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Slovakia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, covering the ARPU, fi xed-line, mobile (including 3G & 4G ), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-line Telephony ? Telephone lines (?000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony ? Mobile phone subscribers (?000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; and where available, 3G & 4G subscribers (?000); 3G & 4G subscribers/100 inhabitants; 3G & 4G subscribers as a percentage of overall mobile market.
- Internet Markets ? Internet users (?000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers (?000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Romania Telecommunications Report Q1 2015