Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "Solvent Market by Type (Ketones, Esters, Aromatics, Alcohols), Application (Paints & Coatings, Pharmaceuticals, Adhesives, Printing Inks, Personal Care) & Source - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/24/2014 -- Solvent find their usage in various industries for one or more applications. It is used as a carrier to dissolve pigments and other ingredients, as well as to enhance certain properties such as the density of solutions. The major application is paints and coatings, which accounts for a majority of the solvents usage, followed by the pharma industry, adhesives, cleaning of metals, printing inks, personal care products, manufacturing of rubber & polymers, and agricultural chemicals.
There are several types of solvents, which are suitable for one or more applications. The three major types of conventional solvents are oxygenated, hydrocarbon, and halogenated. Oxygenated solvents are the most widely used with hydrocarbon (specially aliphatic) and halogenated hydrocarbons being gradually phased out. Among all oxygenated solvents, alcohols are the most consumed solvents, followed by esters. Among all the green & bio solvents, alcohols and diols are the most consumed solvents, followed by lactate esters.
The current market demand is concentrated on environmentally safe solvents due to various regulations such as The Clean Air Act revisions of 1996 and Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH) legislation of 2007. This is a driver for bio & green solvents, which will help increase its penetration in various end-user industries. Other market opportunities include high demand from emerging economies of the Asia-Pacific region such as China. This demand is derived from thriving industries in the region such as construction and automobile.
This report analyzes various marketing trends and establishes the most effective growth strategy in the market. It identifies market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, burning issues, and winning imperatives. Major companies such as Ashland (U.S.), BASF (Germany), Celanese (U.S.), Eastman Chemical Company (U.S.), ExxonMobil (U.S.), Honeywell (U.S.), Huntsman Corporation (U.S.), Ineos (Switzerland), LyondellBasell (U.S.), Sasol (South Africa), Shell Chemicals (The Netherlands), and Solvay (Belgium) have also been profiled in this report.
Scope of the report - On the basis of region:
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- On the basis of source:
- Conventional solvents
- Bio & green solvents
- On the basis of conventional solvents type:
- Oxygenated solvents
- Other alcohols
- Ethylene glycols
- Propylene glycols
- Glycol ethers
- E-series glycol ethers
- P-series glycol ethers
- Butyl glycol ethers
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Green Solvents & Bio Solvents Market by Types (Lactate Esters, Alcohols, Glycols, Diols, D-Limonene, & Methyl Soyate), Applications (Industrial & Domestic Cleaners, Paints & Coatings, Printing Inks and Others) & Geography - Forecasts to 2018
- Automotive Paints Market by Coat Type (Electrocoat, Primer, Basecoat & Clearcoat), by Technology (Solvent-Borne, Waterborne & Powder Coating), Texture Type (Metallic & Solid), Vehicle Type & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Emulsion Polymers Market by Type (Acrylic, Vinyl, SB Latex, Polyurethane Dispersion & Others), Application (Paints & Coatings, Paper & Paperboard, Adhesives & Sealants & Others) & Geography - Global Trends and Forecasts to 2018
- Cellulose Ethers Market By Derivative [Methyl, Ethyl & Carboxymethyl Cellulose] & Application [Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care, Construction, Food & Beverages, Surface Coatings & Paints] - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2017
- Acrylic Acid & Its Derivatives Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Microspheres Market By Type (Hollow, Solid), Application (Construction Composites, Medical Technology, Paints & Coatings,Cosmetics, Oil & Gas, Automotive, Aerospace)& Raw Material (Glass, Ceramic & Others) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Global Antimicrobial Coatings Market - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- UV Curable Resins Market by Application (Coatings, Inks, Adhesives, & Others), End-User Industry (Graphic Arts, Industrial Coatings, Electronics, & Others) & Geography - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Coating Additives Market by Function (Rheology Modifiers, Dispersing, Wetting Agent, Impact Modifier, Anti-Foaming), Application (Automotive, Architecture, Industrial), Formulation (Water, Solvent, Powder Based), & Types - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)