Fast Market Research recommends "South Korea Telecommunications Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/16/2014 -- South Korea is one of the most advanced markets in the world and is the first nation to have launched LTE-advanced services commercially. Only SK Telecom is still offering 2G services in the market and we expect 2G to be completely phased out by 2015. The key mobile growth driver is expected to be the migration of customers from 3G to 4G, although we see some downside risk to the pace of this transition after the handset distribution law takes effect from October 2014.
- The mobile market has continued to expand, even with penetration above 119% by 2013. Total subscriptions reached 55.982mn in Q114.
- The fixed-line market is still expanding, mostly due to the growth of VoIP, but it is slowing noticeably. Growth in the broadband market has slowed due to a combination of high penetration rates for wireline services and competition from LTE services.
Following the auction of the 1,800MHz spectrum for the use of LTE services, all three operators announced planned extensions of their respective services. KT announced it would be implementing LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) in Seoul and the surrounding regions from September 2013, and throughout most major cities by March 2014. KT is trailing its rivals, with SK Telecom having launched LTE-A services for smartphones in July 2013. Finally, LG U+ launched its LTE-Advanced network in July 2013 in Seoul, as well as in other major cities.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
South Korea's telecoms market could receive an injection of foreign investment following the decision by the government to lift the foreign ownership cap on the telecoms sector in the country. However, the raised cap will not apply to the nation's three incumbent mobile operators, leaving doubts over whether investors will see potential in a mature market where they cannot invest in the dominant providers. Foreign investors would be required to set up an investment vehicle in South Korea to own a stake in the telecoms firm.
In April 2014, regulator KCC...
The South Korea Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of South Korea's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's South Korea Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in South Korea.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for South Korea to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Korean telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in South Korea's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in South Korea.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Austria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Ghana Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q3 2014