New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Thailand Information Technology Report Q1 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/01/2014 -- The overall outlook for Thailand's IT market is positive, with CAGR forecast at 10.4% during 2013-2017. We forecast the value of the market will increase to THB359bn in 2017, increasing as a share of GDP as consumers and enterprises divert a larger portion of their budgets to IT products and services.
Our positive outlook is based on several factors, including investments in telecoms networks, the declining prices of hardware devices and growth in key product categories including tablets, cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time business management systems and enterprise software adoption among SMEs. However, in the short term market growth will be constrained by a slowdown in economic growth, with low consumer confidence and high household debt weighing on expenditure.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: THB134.7bn in 2012 to THB149.9bn in 2013, with CAGR of 8.4% 2013-2017. The decline in desktop and notebook shipments, in part the result of cannibalisation of sales by low-cost tablets, is limiting growth of market value.
- Software Sales: THB28.5bn in 2012 to THB32.0bn in 2017, and CAGR of 12.3% 2013-2017. Key drivers will be enterprise IT investments, particularly among SMEs that are looking to control costs and achieve scale.
- IT Services Sales: THB55.9bn in 2012 to THB66.2bn in 2013, and CAGR of 13.9% 2013-2017. IT services is expected to be the outperforming segment of the IT market, with rapid utilisation of cloud computing services boosting growth of the market.
Key Trends & Developments
Thailand's hardware market has developed quickly over the past decade, with PC penetration rising despite economic difficulties following the global financial crisis. The medium-term outlook remains bright due to household PC penetration only reaching 26.9% in 2012 (as compared to 80-90% in the most developed markets). However in 2013 volumes of desktop and notebook shipments declined due to a challenging economic environment and cannibalisation by tablets. Tablets are taking market share from desktop and notebook vendors in 2013, especially low-cost tablets from Chinese manufacturers, but we expect an interesting battle will occur between the laptop, tablet and ultrabook/hybrid models in 2014 as consumers seek a mix of mobility and functionality.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Philippines Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Chile Information Technology Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)