New Pharmaceuticals market report from Datamonitor: "The Hepatitis C Market Outlook to 2022"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/04/2013 -- Datamonitor uses a patient-based approach utilizing epidemiology data, and primary research in physicians, to estimate the size of hepatitis C sales across the US, Japan, and five major EU markets. The sales trends of key marketed and pipeline brands and the anticipated shift in the treatment paradigm are assessed from 2013-2022.
Scope of this Report
- Pdf with forecasts through to 2022 covering the US, Japan, and 5 major EU markets, to allow you to assess future growth opportunities
- Sales trends of marketed and late-phase pipeline products with detailed analysis of how each one will be positioned in the growing hepatitis C market.
- Gain insight into how treatment paradigms will change as interferon-free regimens deliver large improvements in efficacy, tolerability and duration.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The launch of multiple regimens in quick succession will fuel rapid market growth, with a CAGR of 13.0%. To drive sales, companies must encourage the lucrative warehoused subgroup to initiate treatment, while exploring expansions into genotype 2/3/4 patients where competition is scarcer.
Gilead's sofosbuvir is a remarkable example of product positioning that developers must emulate. Its dominance will be aided by pan-genotypic indications and incorporation into cheaper dual regimens with best-of-class drugs.
As interferon-based therapies are phased out, companies must move towards developing tailored oral combinations of NS5A, NS5B, and protease inhibitors, or position their products as key components of such regimens.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How will the launch of novel regimens with high cure rates affect the size of the hepatitis C market over the next decade?
- How will treatment paradigms be affected by the launch of oral regimens?
- How will developers of interferon-based therapies reposition their products in response to Gilead's and AbbVie's combinations?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Hepatitis C Market Forecast to 2022
- Hepatitis C Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Expected Launch of GS-7977 in 2015 will Pave the Way for an Oral Interferon-free Combination Therapy
- EpiCast Report: Hepatitis C Virus - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- Hepatitis C - Pipeline Review, H2 2012
- Hepatitis C - Pipeline Review, H1 2012
- Hepatitis C - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Dynavax Technologies Corporation (DVAX) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ACHN) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Romark Laboratories, L.C. - Product Pipeline Review - 2012
- Gas Processing Industry Outlook in Europe, 2013 - Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts of All Active and Planned Gas Processing Plants in Europe