New Insurance market report from Timetric: "The Insurance Industry in Jamaica, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/05/2013 -- With a 0.5% decline in GDP in 2012, the Jamaican economy is in a state of recession. The island nation's economy remained fragile during the review period, recording three consecutive years of negative growth, exacerbated by the widening current account deficit, depreciating currency and damage from Hurricane Sandy in 2012. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) approved a four-year US$2 billion loan package in 2012 which is expected to stabilize the economy. However, despite the subdued economic conditions, the Jamaican insurance industry registered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% during the review period (2008-2012), supported by an increase in premium rates and the growing tourism industry. The industry is competitive with 17 active insurance companies in 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Jamaica:
- It provides historical values for the Jamaican insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and sub-segments in the Jamaican insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Jamaica and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Jamaican insurance industry and each segment within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Jamaican insurance industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Jamaican insurance industry
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Jamaican insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Trinidad & Tobago, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Ukraine, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in the United Kingdom, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Jordan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)