Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United States Metals Report Q4 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/03/2013 -- Our forecasts across the refined metals sector in the US remain tepid as the country's economic recovery remains steady but less than robust, and as the long-term trend of declining consumption and metal intensity per unit of economic grow continue to play out. In the short term we e expect refiners and metal producers will continue bringing production back online as the country's economic outlook improves, particularly in the construction and automotive sectors. That said, production and consumption will likely remain below pre-crisis levels as Chinese growth slows in H213, eurozone demand remains weak, and inventories stay elevated.
We believe slow but steady growth in the metals sector will roughly track broader GDP growth, which we forecast to average 2.4% from 2013 to 2017. Gains in the manufacturing, including automotive, and construction sectors should lead to steady, though low, growth. However, elevated inventories, weak foreign demand, and increased competition from cheap imports will cap production increases. Data available through to June 2013 indicate that while metal industry activity has increased since the end of 2012, recent growth has slowed in the metals industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United States Steel Corporation (X) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Metals & Mining - Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide
- Metals & Mining: Global Industry Guide
- Metals & Mining - North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide
- United States Mining Report Q3 2013
- United Arab Emirates Water Report Q4 2013
- Starch Product Market in United States to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Turkey Metals Report Q4 2013
- United States Steel Corporation: Metals Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report
- United Resource Holdings Group, Inc. - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)