Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United States Tourism Report Q4 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/23/2013 -- International air traffic in the US in the first four months of the year indicates that the industry is performing well so far in 2013. In the year to April, international air traffic to and from the US totalled 57.3mn passengers, representing annual growth of 3%. While travel by US citizens grew by 1%, travel by non-US citizens grew by 5%, indicating that international tourism is picking up strongly. This bodes well for our full-year forecast of 4.3% growth in US inbound tourism, up from 3.9% growth in 2012.
We anticipate this tourism arrivals growth to boost tourist expenditure totals for the year. This should help bolster the hotel and hospitality sector, with BMI forecasting the industry value of domestic hotels and restaurants to total US$451.05bn in 2013, up by 3.65% from 2012, when annual growth was only 0.45%.
Improving fortunes for the sector will encourage ongoing expansion by major hotel chains, with groups such as Marriott, Hilton and Wyndham looking to increase their already strong presence in the country.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- BMI has expanded its Tourism Risk/Rewards Ratings tables to include more countries in Latin America, creating a broader field of comparison. The US continues to be ranked first in the region, with an overall rating of 69.58, just ahead of Canada.
- Arrivals from Europe will remain sluggish in 2013, growing by only 1.2%, down from 3.44% in 2012. We expect this trend to continue into 2014, when we are forecasting 1.54% growth.
- BMI forecasts that the number of hotels and establishments in the US will grow by 1.66% in 2013, up from 0.04% growth in 2012.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Kingdom Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Japan Tourism Report Q4 2013
- India Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Kenya Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Czech Republic Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Travel Intermediaries in the United States to 2016: Market Databook
- Chile Tourism Report Q4 2013
- United Arab Emirates Tourism Report Q3 2013
- Brazil Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Vietnam Tourism Report Q4 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)