Fast Market Research recommends "Vietnam Agribusiness Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/05/2014 -- Recent adjustments in our outlook for Vietnam's economy and business environment add further weight to our positive view on the country's agribusiness sector. The industry holds strong growth opportunities in terms of production, exports and retail sales, particularly with regard to the rice, coffee, livestock and dairy sectors. However, Vietnam is facing growing competition in its key markets, and the fulfilment of its promising potential will only be achieved if the country steps up its competitiveness and improves product quality and supply chain efficiency. Vietnam will have to significantly ramp up investment in crop productivity in order to avoid being left behind, and if it wants to succeed in producing more value-added crops and maintaining its status as an export spearhead.
- Rice consumption growth to 201 8 : 5.1 % to 2 2.1 mn tonnes. Rice remains the major food staple in Vietnam, and we do not see this changing over our forecast period. However, rising interest in other foods such as wheat-based goods - supported by growing affluence - will restrict demand for rice, and over the forecast period we expect production growth to significantly outpace that of consumption.
- Corn production growth to 201 7/18 : 32.9 % to 6. 4 mn tonnes. Although acreage is likely to remain stagnant or diminish, current yield immaturity means significant gains are still available via this avenue, especially as robust local corn prices provide incentives to farmers. Domestic consumption will be another important driver.
- Milk pr oduction growth to 2017/18: 21.9 % to 484,7 00 tonnes. Dramatic increases in cattle numbers and increased public and private sector investment - part of the effort to reduce the country's growing import dependency - will be the main boost to growth. Commercialisation will also play a key role as larger, more efficient farms come to play a...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Vietnam Agribusiness Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for production, consumption and trade across core agricultural commodities.
BMI's Vietnam Agribusiness Report includes independent commodity price forecasting and analysis for key agricultural outputs, an overview of the agribusiness competitive landscape and a discussion of the downstream context of agricultural production in relation to country food consumption forecasts and composite food and beverage trade forecasts.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful planning in dynamic agribusiness markets.
- Apply BMI's medium-term commodity price analysis to assist with budgetary planning and the identification of investment opportunities and potential risks.
- Assess the activities and market position of your competitors, partners and clients.
BMI Industry View
An analytical summary of BMI's latest key industry forecasts and views, highlighting recent changes and key risks to the industry outlook for agribusiness in Vietnam.
Industry SWOT Analysis
At-a-glance perspectives on the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats facing the agricultural industry.
BMI Supply & Demand Forecasts
Divided into sections based on various diverse sectors in the agriculture market, the chapter provides insight into each market's agricultural industry, centred on sector forecasts to end-2018 for the consumption, production and trade of key agricultural commodities.
Consumption forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the main drivers of consumption growth: macroeconomic factors, food processing trends, price movements and, increasingly, demand from the non-food sector.
Production forecasts examine the trends influencing BMI's production outlook: global demand, price increases, public and private sector investment and agricultural efficiency improvements.
Trade forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the factors influencing a country's trade in agricultural goods, including domestic demand, global prices and government trade policies.
BMI's forecasts are accompanied by a Risks- to-Outlook assessment, which examines potential factors that could affect our existing forecast picture and the likelihood of their occurrence.
BMI's Commodity Price Analysis
Fundamental and technical analysis of the short- and medium-term price outlook for key agricultural commodities, based on globally-recognised benchmarks.
Analysis of headline food and drink forecasts, including total food consumption, per capita food consumption and total sector trade, which provide important downstream intelligence for primary agricultural producers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Germany Agribusiness Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Agribusiness Report Q4 2014
- China Agribusiness Report Q4 2014
- Venezuela Agribusiness Report Q4 2014
- Canada Agribusiness Report Q4 2014
- Poland Agribusiness Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Agribusiness Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Agribusiness Report Q4 2014
- Greece Agribusiness Report Q4 2014
- Algeria Agribusiness Report Q4 2014