Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/26/2015 -- We hold a positive outlook for the Vietnamese consumer, as the government targets economic growth through public spending and promoting investment and exports. We forecast real GDP growth at 5.7% in 2014 and 6.4% in 2015, on the back of supportive government policies, as well as a strong outlook for foreign investment and exports . However, political risks remain in the form of Chinese tensions, which we believe will continue for some time.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 total food consumption growth: +19.2%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013 to 2018: +19.6%.
- 2014 per capita food consumption growth: +18.1%; CAGR to 2018: +18.6%.
- 2014 alcoholic drinks value sales growth: +12.0%; CAGR to 2018: +11.2%.
- 2014 soft drinks value sales growth: +10.5%; CAGR to 2018: +9.7%.
- 2014 MGR sales growth: +13.3%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2014 to 2018: +12.6%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
Metro Retail Exit Does Not Diminish Positive Vietnam View : In early August 2014, the German cash-and-carry retailer Metro is planning to sell its Vietnam business, potentially pulling in EUR1.75bn. The decision to leave Vietnam is driven by the need to re-focus on its core Europe business and strengthen its balance sheet, rather than being based on any major structural issues or re-rating in the growth profile of the organised food retail sector. Like some of the other major European retailers, namely Carrefour and Tesco, Metro has had to rein in spending internationally over the past two to three years as retail sales across Western Europe have remained weak while, more recently, Russia, one of Metro's key markets, has slowed down in 2014. We still see Vietnam as one of South-East Asia's best retail opportunities.
Vietnam Likely To Benefit From Russia Import Ban : Vietnam will benefit from Russia's ban on agricultural imports from select countries, including the US and the EU. Russia implemented the ban in August 2014 and it will likely last...
The Vietnam Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Vietnam Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Vietnam.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Vietnam to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Vietnamese food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Vietnam through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the mass grocery retail market.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's Food and Drink Risk Reward Index
BMI's Risk Reward Indices provide investors (food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers) looking for opportunities in the region with a clear country-comparative assessment of a market?s risks and potential rewards. Each of the country markets are scored using a sophisticated model that includes more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points to provide indices of highest to lowest appeal to investors, with each position explained.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Qatar Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- France Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Central America Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Venezuela Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Japan Food & Drink Report Q1 2015