Fast Market Research recommends "Vietnam Power Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/20/2014 -- There are significant opportunities for independent power producers (IPPs), turbine manufacturers and private investors in Vietnam's thermal power generation sector - particularly the coal segment. A flurry of private sector activity in the coal sector will be supported by rapid growth in electricity demand and market deregulation, as well as delays to nuclear expansion and insuf ficient domestic gas supplies.
The thermal generation segment in Vietnam will continue to offer sizeable opportunities for investors and equipment suppliers. A number of large-scale power projects have advanced in recent months - with institutional investors and utilities entering the sector in order to benefit from the huge growth potential.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This is just a snapshot of the type of opportunities on offer to investors. Our views on the thermal power sector - particularly the coal segment - are underpinned by some key factors.
- We forecast that electricity consumption in Vietnam will grow at an annual average of 8.5% between 2014 and 2023 and the government will continue to encourage investment in coal-fired capacity in order to meet demand. Vietnam's Master Plan VII predicts that the country will need 75,000MW of installed capacity by 2020. Although we do not believe that Vietnam will meet this target, it does serve as an ambitious statement of intent.
- Although we forecast that Vietnam will rely on gas for 44% of electricity generation in 2014, we expect gas-fired generation to lose share to coal over our 10-year forecast period. This view is predicated on the fact that Vietnam's self-sufficiency in gas is likely to come to an end by 2015 unless new discoveries are made. Furthermore, plans to bring two liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals online have been slow to progress.
The Vietnam Power Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering electricity generation (coal, gas, oil, nuclear, hydro and non-hydro renewables), electricity consumption, trade, transmission and distribution losses and electricity generating capacity.
The Vietnam Power Report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing national and multinational operators by sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts for Vietnam to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic planning in the power market.
- Target business opportunities and risks Vietnam's power sector through our reviews of latest power industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Vietnam
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Competitive Landscape analysis.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis, covering power markets, regulatory changes, major investments, projects and company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the power sector, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
The Regional Overview provides a comparative context from within which one can assess the relative profitability of the power industry in a given country, incorporating BMI's country risk macro forecasts into our regional analysis. They also detail any relevant issues or events that might cause market fluctuations, as well as evaluate the impact of existing power infrastructure and fresh investments on the regional market.
BMI Industry Forecasts
The Industry Forecasts provide historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for electricity generation (TWh) and electricity generating capacity (MW) for each individual power segment present in the country. These forecasts are in turn supported by explicit assumptions, in conjunction with analysis of the key risks to the main forecast. These in turn are broken down into:
Electricity Generation forecasts for Thermal, Coal, Gas, Oil, Nuclear, Hydro and Non-Hydro Renewables. For this section, we provide information on electricity generation (TWh), % growth year-on-year, KWh per capita, and the % of total electricity generation. The thermal fuels (coal, gas and oil) also have figures for their % of total thermal electricity generation.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Brazil Power Report Q4 2014
- Russia Power Report Q4 2014
- Hungary Power Report Q4 2014
- Cambodia Power Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Power Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Power Report Q4 2014
- Turkey Power Report Q4 2014
- Romania Power Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Power Report Q4 2014
- Peru Power Report Q4 2014