Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Brazil Defence & Security Report Q4 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/17/2012 -- BMI's Brazil Defence & Security Report for Q4 2012 examines the current health and future prospects of the country's defence community, chiefly its armed forces and defence industry.
So as to understand the prospects and health of Brazil's defence community, the report takes a multifaceted approach. It examines the internal and external security challenges faced by the country, the modus operandi of political defence decision-making, and how these decisions are transformed into military action. In addition, it outlines the order of battle of the country's armed forces, the respective sizes of the armed forces, current defence procurement programmes and future anticipated acquisitions of military materiel.
Beyond this, the report also investigates Brazil's growing defence industrial sector, particularly in the realm of aerospace, and the impact that this defence industry could have in the domestic and international context.
The report makes several key findings. Firstly, it notes that the country has a long-term objective to become a major player in the global defence industry; both in Latin America, and abroad. Secondly, it notes that Brazil is playing an increasingly important role vis-a-vis security both within and without its wider region. This includes its relationships with its neighbours and its participation in international peacekeeping missions. Fourthly, the Brazilian defence establishment is wedded to a long-term programme of defence modernisation. This is focused on the replacement of obsolete platforms and capabilities with new domestically produced and imported equipment.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Long term, Brazil sees itself as a global player both in terms of defence materiel provision and in terms of operational participation. This is a trend that is unlikely to change over the next decade.
Over the last quarter BMI has made some additions to the Brazil Defence & Security Report. These have included:
- New information regarding Embraer's development of its KC-390 medium-lift turboprop freighter.
- Clarifications regarding American participation in Brazil's so-called 'FX-2' Multi-Role Combat Aircraft acquisition.
- Information regarding Brazil's levels of defence spending between 2006 and 2010.
- Details regarding an emerging defence partnership forged between Brazil and Turkey.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
- Bulgaria Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
- Croatia Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
- Turkey Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
- Iraq Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
- Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
- United Arab Emirates Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
- Russia Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
- Israel Defence & Security Report Q4 2012
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)