Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Brazil Tourism Report Q3 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2012 -- The Brazil tourism report examines the significant long-term potential currently being offered by the local tourism industry, but flags short-term concerns about the lack of adequate airport infrastructure posing a challenge to the future development of air travel within the country.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by some of the leading players in the Brazilian tourism sector (airlines and hotel chains), as they seek to maximise the tremendous growth opportunities being offered by the local market at the present time.
With Brazil hosting the football World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games being held in Rio de Janeiro in 2016, BMI believes tourist arrivals will continue to grow strongly in the years ahead.
This quarter, BMI has upgraded its forecasts for tourist arrivals to 38% growth over 2012-2016, to 8.45mn. Over the same period, we now expect tourism receipts to increase by 60%, to total nearly US$12.5bn by end-2016.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Looking at preliminary indications for the current year, international disembarkations - which are released monthly by the Ministry of Tourism and serve as a proxy for tourist arrivals in the absence of this data being released by the ministry in a timely fashion - show an increase of 11.8% year-on-year (yo- y) over the first two months of 2012 to 1.75mn. Domestic disembarkations were also on an upward trajectory, rising by 9.7% y-o-y over January and February, to 13.7mn. The disembarkation data from the Ministry of Tourism covers all arrivals, including business, leisure or people visiting family and friends. However, whatever the purpose of travel, the data shows the overall trend in tourism is positive in the early months of 2012, which will benefit airlines and hotels operating within Brazil.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
- BMI has revised up its estimates for tourism arrivals and tourist receipts over our forecast period to 2016, with the country set to receive a boost from hosting the World Cup and Olympic Games over the coming five years.
- BMI has for the first time included a new accommodation data table in its Brazil tourism report, which underlines the clear growth potential being offered by the local hotel market over the coming five years.
- We welcome the successful awarding of operating licences in Sao Paulo-Guarulhos, Viracopos- Campinas and Brasilia airports to private companies, but caution that years of underinvestment in airport infrastructure may not be fully addressed in the period before 2014.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Tourism Report Q3 2012
- Romania Tourism Report Q3 2012
- Thailand Tourism Report Q3 2012
- Vietnam Tourism Report Q3 2012
- Costa Rica Tourism Report Q3 2012
- Czech Republic Tourism Report Q3 2012
- Croatia Tourism Report Q3 2012
- Oman Tourism Report Q3 2012
- Hungary Tourism Report Q3 2012
- India Tourism Report Q3 2012