Fast Market Research recommends "Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/06/2013 -- BMI View: Our Q113 Caribbean report analyses latest industry, regulatory and macroeconomic developments in the telecoms markets of 10 countries: Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Puerto Rico and Trinidad and Tobago. In addition to the analysis of latest market data relating to the end of Q312, the report contains updated five-year forecast, through to 2017, for the mobile, fixed-line and internet sectors.
- Dominican Republic's mobile market contracted by 0.3% q-o-q in Q312, a second consecutive quarterly contraction despite a penetration rate well below 90%.
- Puerto Rico's mobile market also contracted by around 0.7% in 9M12, partly reversing subscriber gains recorded in 2011.
- Trinidad & Tobago's mobile market grew by 1% in Q312, following growth of 2.1% in Q212, to offset net losses recorded in Q112.
- Cuba remains the least developed market with a mobile penetration rate of just 14.7% at the end of Q312.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
All 10 countries in our Caribbean report retain their positions on BMI's Q113 update to the Caribbean Risk/ Reward Ratings table. The regional average industry rewards score comes in at 38.2, a development BMI attributes to the high mobile penetration rate and relatively small population numbers in most countries in the region. Only Puerto Rico scores above 40 in the industry rewards category and this reflects the significant growth opportunities in the market with penetration rate of less than 80%. The general performance in the three remaining categories is commendable, except for Cuba where a combination of industry-specific and macroeconomic challenges continue to hold back its telecoms market performance.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Vietnam Telecommunications Report Q1 2013