New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/30/2013 -- The Chile tourism report examines the strong long-term potential currently being offered by the local tourism industry, bolstered by continuing strong levels of government support, but cautions that growth in tourist arrivals may moderate slightly from 2013 onwards, as tourists to Latin America may choose to travel to Brazil instead, given that it is hosting the football World Cup in 2014 and then the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by some of the leading players in the Chilean accommodation sector, as they seek to maximise the tremendous growth opportunities being offered by the local market at the present time.
Preliminary figures from Sernatur (the Ministry of Tourism) indicate that tourist arrivals in the first five months of the year totalled 1.65mn. This represented a slight decline from 1.67 over the same months in the previous year, or a y-o-y decline of 1.2%. While we had expected tourism arrivals to moderate in 2013 following exceptional growth of 15% in 2012, we are concerned that a decline took place during Chile's summer months, traditionally a period of high arrivals.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sernatur's figures indicate that arrivals from neighbouring Argentina are among the highest declines, suggesting that Argentina's ongoing economic turmoil is impacting on Argentine tourist visits to Chile. Given Argentina's status as the primary source of tourism to Chile, we are concerned that a worsening of the situation in Argentina could further weigh on Chile's tourism industry. We will continue to monitor the situation and revise our forecasts as required.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts and views:
- BMI forecasts that tourism arrivals from Argentina will total 1.39mn in 2013, a slight increase from 2012.
- However, arrivals from Brazil will continue to grow, reflecting the country's growing middle class. We are forecasting 447,880 arrivals from Brazil in 2013, or growth of 12.6%.
- International tourism receipts will grow strongly in 2013, to US$3.43bn, or by 8.26%.
- Total arrivals will grow by 7% in 2013, down from 15% growth in 2012, as lower arrivals from Argentina weigh on Chile's tourism returns.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- India Tourism Report Q4 2013
- New Zealand Tourism Report Q4 2013
- United Kingdom Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Hungary Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Kenya Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Thailand Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Czech Republic Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Japan Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Croatia Tourism Report Q4 2013
- Brazil Tourism Report Q4 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)