Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/18/2012 -- Burning up: Higher coal prices and demand from emerging economies will support growth
The demand for coal is dominated by its use as a fuel for power generation; in particular, metallurgical coal is experiencing a surge in interest as companies are scrambling to meet demand for steel overseas. Emerging economies will increasingly demand metallurgical coal over the next five years to meet their insatiable demand for steel. Electricity consumption will also expand, as consumers and businesses increase their energy use and in turn, demand more energy.
This industry mines various types of coal. Most coal mines consist of bituminous coal or anthracite (types of black coal), but firms may also mine lignite (brown coal). Mining occurs underground and in surface pits. Industry firms may also develop coal mine sites and prepare the coal for sale by washing, screening and sizing it.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Alpha Natural Resources, Peabody Energy Corporation, Arch Coal Inc., CONSOL Energy Inc.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Coal Mining Market in Asia Pacific to 2020 - New Coal-Fired Power Plants to Enhance Regional Coal Production over the Forecast Period
- Coal in China to 2015: Market Profile
- Coal in Canada to 2015: Market Profile
- Coal in India to 2015: Market Profile
- China Coal Mining Market Overview and Forecast to 2020: Trends, Fiscal Regime, Major Projects, and Competitive Landscape
- The Chinese Coal Mining Industry to 2015: Market Profile
- Coal in Turkey to 2015: Market Profile
- The Indian Coal Mining Industry to 2015: Market Profile
- Coal in South Africa to 2015: Market Profile
- The Brazilian Coal Mining Industry to 2015: Market Profile