Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/10/2014 -- There was a marked uptick in data centre construction and expansion in 2013 in Latin America, and global powerhouses such as Google and IBM have already made moves into Colombia. However, the country scores poorly in our Risk/Reward Ratings for the quarter, coming in at eighth out of nine markets in the Americas region. We forecast total IT spending to reach COP6.8trn in 2014. With its established, mature market, the Colombian IT market is held back by the weakened peso and continuing political challenges facing the government.
Headline Expenditure Projections
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Computer Hardware Sales: COP3.3trn in 2014, rising to COP4.9trn by 2018. Low PC penetration and declining cost of devices mean sales to first-time buyers and in the upgrade/replacement market are expected to grow, with tablets expected to see the fastest sales growth.
- Software Sales: COP1.1trn in 2014 to COP1.7trn by 2018. Government incentives for local software will boost the sector, and we expect the greatest demand from end-users to remain in basic solutions, such as enterprise risk management and supply chain management systems.
- IT Services Sales: COP2.4trn in 2014 to COP3.7trn in 2018. Colombia is developing as a destination for near shore outsourcing, while public investments in areas such as e-health, e-education and e-government offer strong growth prospects.
Key Trends And Developments
In February 2014 the government revealed it will have invested a total of COP268bn (US$131mn) in technology in the central southern region of the country between August 2010 and the end of President Juan Manuel Santos' current administration later in 2014, reports BNamericas. To date, the current government has invested COP101bn in technology in the region. These investments were made in fibre optic infrastructure, public internet centres, subsidies for low income families to gain access to broadband services, connecting educational institutions, providing computers and tablets to children, and providing capital funding for applications developers in the region.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Philippines Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q2 2014