Recently published research from Timetric, "Construction in Peru - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/26/2014 -- The Peruvian construction industry registered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.90% during the review period (2009-2013), driven by a free trade agreement with the US and significant levels of foreign investment in mining and energy, offices and retail. In April 2012, the government passed the Law of Prior Consultation, which allows a right of opinion on development projects by indigenous communities. The law aims to alleviate social conflicts arising out of project implementation. The industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.80% over the forecast period (2014-2018), backed by substantial investments in road and social infrastructure.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The construction of new hotels, resorts and complexes, and the expansion of existing hotels, is expected over the forecast period. Projects such as the five-star Larcomar hotel in Lima, Cabo Blanco hotel in Piura, Tryp Lima hotel in Miraflores and the Unbalance Hotel in Lima are currently under development and are likely to open over the forecast period.
- Owing to political stability, accelerated economic growth and the thriving mining industry, energy infrastructure in the country is adequate to meet the increasing demand for electricity over the forecast period. The government has implemented an intensive program for the construction of transmission lines and power plants to meet the demand.
- In a bid to enhance competitiveness and increase productivity, the Peruvian government will adopt measures to improve the country's education system. The government has allocated PEN1.4 billion (US$505 million) for the development of infrastructure facilities in 900 schools in Peru.
- Residential construction demand was strong in Peru during the review period, as indicated by the growth in housing sales. This growth was largely influenced by lower mortgage rates, increased public investment and the country's economic strength. According to CAPECO, housing unit sales increased from 14,516 in 2010 to 21,990 in 2012.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Peru. It provides:
- Historical (2009-2013) and forecast (2014-2018) valuations of the construction industry in Peru using construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces analysis
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Peru
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Cosapi SA, Abengoa Peru SA, Los Portales SA, Constructora Rischmoller SAC, Grana y Montero SAA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in South Korea - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in the UAE - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Mexico - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Heavy Construction Equipment Market: By Types (Earthmoving, Material Handling, Heavy Construction Vehicles, Others), Application Areas (Infrastructure, Commercial, Residential), and Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Construction in Saudi Arabia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Kuwait - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Colombia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Germany - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Venezuela - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017