Fast Market Research recommends "Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth" from GBI Research, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/04/2014 -- GBI Research, a leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research report "Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth". The value of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) market is expected to increase significantly in value over the forecast period across the leading eight developed nations, from $695.6 million in 2012 to almost $4.5 billion in 2019. This equates to a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30.4%. Novel treatments with disease-modifying mechanisms of action are the primary factor driving the growth of the value of the market. The positive impact of new market entrants will offset the effects of key patent losses during the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane conductance Regulators (CFTR) modulators are the first type of CF therapy to treat the root cause of the disease rather than the symptoms, and as a result, they offer patients improved relief and quality of life. Kalydeco (ivacaftor), which has been marketed since 2012, was the first CFTR modulator to reach the market, and despite only treating a small proportion of the CF population, it had a large impact on the value of the market. This effect will be repeated on a larger scale when lumacaftor and Ataluren (PTC124) enter the market, as these treatments can be used for a much larger proportion of the CF population. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. are the developers of Kalydeco, lumacaftor and other early phase CFTR modulators, and are therefore expected to play a key role in the development of the future CF market.
The pricing of CFTR modulators will be premium due to the clinical benefits and disease-modifying effects that they represent. Symptomatic therapies will be used in conjunction with CFTR modulators, and will still be a necessary part of the CF treatment plan. The antibiotics segment in particular is expected to become overcrowded and competitive over the forecast period, due to cheap, generic tobramycin products and novel market entrants competing for market share.
The report assesses the current CF market, and predicts market trends to 2019, analyzing key drivers and barriers. The areas covered include -
- A disease introduction, which defines the disease, including symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- An analysis of the CF marketed landscape, including a comparison of the efficacy and safety of the most prominent brands, as well as the unmet needs of CF treatment.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- OpportunityAnalyzer: Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- Epilepsy Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New AEDs with Novel Mechanisms of Action Signal a Shift in Treatment Patterns
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New Drug Approvals and Promising Pipeline to Counter Declines from Patent Expiries
- Asthma Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Breakthrough Biologics to Enhance Treatment of Severe Asthma and Drive Market Growth
- Ophthalmology Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New Drug Approvals and Promising Pipeline to Trigger Shift in Treatment Paradigm to Combination Therapies
- Systemic Psoriasis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - Continued Uptake of Biologics and Novel Pipeline Drugs to Drive Growth
- Type 2 Diabetes Therapeutics Market to 2019 - A Shifting Treatment Algorithm and Intensified Competition Expected to Drive Growth by 2019
- Cardiovascular Diseases Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - Increasing Prevalence and Promising Novel Drugs offset Patent Cliff Threat
- Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Rising Prevalence and Strong Uptake of Recent Approvals to Drive Robust Growth to 2019
- Hepatitis C Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - Outstanding Recent Approvals and Late-Stage Pipeline to Transform Clinical and Commercial Landscape