Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/04/2012 -- Fixer-upper: Consumer investment in remodeling will revive, supporting revenue growth
Home improvement stores are starting to recover as consumers invest in renovations and remodeling again. Improvements in consumer sentiment, disposable incomes and housing markets have boosted purchases of industry products, but intensifying price competition and the continued dominance of the industry's top players keep profit down. In addition, the do-it-for-me market offers an opportunity for growth, particularly for operators that provide additional services like installation.
This industry includes stores that sell a broad range of home repair and maintenance goods like hardware, tools and electrical goods, as well as lumber and structural material for construction and renovations. Stores that focus on a specific area like flooring or wall coverings are excluded from this industry. Operators purchase goods from domestic and international manufacturers and wholesalers and sell them to end-users, such as do-it-yourself consumers and professional contractors.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Lowe's Companies Inc., The Home Depot, Inc
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Specialist Retailers in Emerging Markets to 2015: Market Guide
- Specialist Retailers in Europe to 2015: Market Guide
- Specialist Retailers in the G20 to 2015: Market Guide
- Specialist Retailers in Europe to 2016: Market Guide
- Specialist Retailers in Asia-Pacific to 2015: Market Guide
- Specialist Retailers in G20 to 2016: Market Guide
- Specialist Retailers in Emerging Markets to 2016: Market Guide
- Specialist Retailers in Asia-Pacific: Market Guide to 2016
- Specialist Retailers in the G8 to 2015: Market Guide
- Specialist Retailers in G8 to 2016: Market Guide