Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/25/2012 -- The Australian grocery sector is undergoing significant transformation. Not only is grocery retailing characterized by increased frugality and value consciousness; the impact that the Internet will have on grocery shopping is now beyond speculation, while evolving expectations around freshness, food safety and variety continue to influence retailer initiatives.
- Understand how each stage of the shopper 'path to purchase' is evolving, by drawing on a blend of Australia-specific consumer and shopper insight.
- Access a comprehensive data model developed specifically for this report, which covers key changes in Australian grocery shopping occasions and spend.
- Draw inspiration from Australian and international case studies that typify best-practice along each stage of the 'path to purchase'.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
'Immediate consumption' shopper missions will grow at an annual rate of around 3.0% over the next five years, as snacking prevalence and the meal offerings of grocery retailers improves. In contrast, stock-up trips will decrease slightly as smaller families and more convenient shopping options reduce the need for substantial, pre-planned trips.
While fresh produce comprises only a fraction of consumers' shopping trolleys, the freshness and quality of in-store produce is the most influential factor for Australians in deciding where to shop. This is followed closely by lower prices and proximity to home, illustrating the diversity of needs and expectations influencing store selection.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How is grocery shopping frequency expected to change among Australians? Will growing value consciousness impact average basket size?
- How do shopper and consumer needs differ? How can manufacturers and retailers simultaneously cater to both shoppers and consumers?
- To what extent is the online grocery channel in Australia expected to grow over the next few years? What will drive and inhibit this growth?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- How Britain Shops: Overall 2011
- How Britain Shops: Food 2011
- Where Britain Shops Department Stores 2011
- Food & Grocery Retailing in Eastern Europe to 2015: Market Guide
- Food & Grocery Retailing in Emerging Asia to 2015: Market Guide
- Food & Grocery Retailing in Asia-Pacific to 2015: Market Guide
- Food & Grocery Retailing in Emerging Markets to 2015: Market Guide
- Food & Grocery Retailing in Europe to 2015: Market Guide
- Food & Grocery Retailing in Latin America to 2015: Market Guide
- Food & Grocery Retailing in the G8 to 2015: Market Guide