Recently published research from IBISWorld, "Independent Label Music Production in the US", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/10/2012 -- Facing the music: Technology and behavior have combined to marginalize growth
Independent Label Music Production in the US
The proliferation of digital music has turned the industry upside down for labels large and small. The four largest record labels are facing the potential collapse of an industry as they know it, and independent record labels are faring little better. In fact, continued declines in music spending are causing trauma for almost every company involved in the music industry. CD sales in America have dropped by more than half in less than a decade, and revenue from digital music sales has failed to recoup those losses in traditional sales.
Record labels are responsible for finding musical talent, recording songs and distributing the work to retail outlets. Independent labels tend to have small budgets and operations, in contrast to major labels, which have the capacity to distribute physical media and oversee comprehensive publishing operations. Major labels are included in the Major Label Music Production industry (IBISWorld report 51222).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Publishing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Major Label Music Production in the US
- Music & Video in Asia-Pacific to 2015: Market Guide
- Music & Video in the G20 to 2015: Market Guide
- Music & Video in the G8 to 2015: Market Guide
- Music & Video in Eastern Europe to 2015: Market Guide
- Music & Video in Emerging Asia to 2015: Market Guide
- Top 20 Large-Cap North America Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies: Financial & Operational Fundamental Analysis and Benchmarking-2012
- Gulf of Mexico Shallow Water - Declining Oil and Gas Production and Increasing Cost Limits Growth Prospects of IOCs
- Talisman Energy Inc. (TLM) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Crude Oil Industry to 2016 - Deepwater Discoveries Worldwide and Rising Industrial Demand in Emerging Economies Driving the Industry
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)