New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/13/2012 -- BMI projects that Indian consumer electronics spending will grow by about 17% in US dollar terms in 2012 to US$32.4bn, driven by rising incomes and growing affordability. Only nine out of 1,000 people in India own a computer, one-fifth of the level in China. Meanwhile, Indian mobile penetration is about 57%. Another driver is that 45% of India's population is under 25. Spending on consumer electronics devices is projected to grow at an overall CAGR of 15% through to 2016, with the key segments including low-cost mobile handsets, colour TV sets, set-top boxes and notebook computers. Much of the growth during BMI's five-year forecast period will be driven by growing demand from India's relatively underpenetrated rural areas.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$8.3bn in 2011 to US$9.3bn in 2012, +11.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to weaker than expected sales in Q411 as a result of component shortages linked to the floods in Thailand.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Malaysia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Czech Republic Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Poland Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Saudi Arabia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Australia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Hungary Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- United Arab Emirates Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- United States Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Russia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012