Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "India Information Technology Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/04/2014 -- India's IT market continues to have a bright outlook over the medium term, making it one of the leading emerging markets. We forecast Indian IT spending will increase 14.4% to INR1,077bn in 2013, with strong growth in hardware, software and services sales. Hardware is a particularly large opportunity, with regionally low PC penetration, declining device costs, rising incomes and government procurement initiatives combining to provide an engine for sales growth. However, it is IT services that will be the outperformer in terms of growth rates, as has been the case traditionally in India's IT market. Outsourcing firms are innovating and acquiring to expand product portfolios and generate non-linear growth, which should sustain the segment as a whole despite competition from other low-cost locations.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: INR457.3bn in 2012 to INR526.7bn in 2013, +15.2% in local currency terms. The wider availability of low-cost tablets and laptops, rising incomes, increasing connectivity and government procurement for education are key drivers behind spending growth..
- Software Sales: INR106bn in 2012 to INR112bn in 2013, +5.7% in local currency terms. Solid but unspectacular uptake of Windows 8 and continued high prevalence of piracy mean growth is underperforming its potential.
- IT Services Sales: INR379bn in 2012 to INR438bn in 2013, +15.8% in local currency terms. Large projects are expected from the government, including its push to developing a private government cloud, as well as from other key verticals that are implementing cloud solutions. The outsourcing market will remain strong as vendors transition to non-linear growth strategies in the face of global competition.
India's score is 48.6 out of 100.0 and is now seventh in our latest Asia RRR table.
Key Trends And Developments
According to India's Manufacturers' Association for Information Technology (MAIT), sales of PCs in urban areas amounted to 11.17mn units in the 2012/13 financial year, which corresponded to a growth rate of 5%. Within this figure, sales of desktop computers were up by 1% to 6.77mn, while sales of laptops were up by 10% to 4.40mn. However, the main area of growth was in the tablet sector, which is tracked separately by MAIT. Sales in this sector shot up by as much 424% - albeit from a low base - to reach 1.90mn units. Over the same period, server sales declined by 2% to stand at 89,075 units, while printer sales were down by 1% to 2.93mn units. Among printers, the only segment to experience growth was laserjets, with sales were up by around 14% to 1.57mn units.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Poland Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Sweden Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Thailand Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)