New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Iraq Defence & Security Report Q2 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/08/2013 -- Executive Summary
The report examines the trends occurring in the country's current and future defence procurement, and the order of battle across its armed forces. The intention is to provide a clear and concise discussion of these issues. The report's general conclusion is that Iraq remains at serious risk of fragmentation, partly as a result of the failure of its political parties to work together, and also due to the increasingly bloody insurgency that continues to take the lives of hundreds of civilians each month.
A new offensive by al-Qaeda in the second half of 2012 has caused hundreds of deaths in dozens of towns and cities across the country, with the security services seemingly powerless to stop them. Regionally, Iraq remains highly vulnerable to instability in Syria and also to the designs of Iran, which continues to wield undue influence over Iraqi affairs. Internally, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has worsened sectarian tensions by failing to deliver on a promise to implement a power-sharing agreement designed to safeguard the rights of the country's different ethnic and religious groups.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The US still aims to support Iraq through arms sales and other programmes, but even this intention is being challenged by Baghdad's failure to use all the funds that Washington has allocated for it.
Over the last quarter BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
- Fully updated orders of battle for the country's army, air force and navy.
- Details of ongoing and aspirational defence procurement programmes across the country's armed forces.
- A detailed description of the country's defence decision-making apparatus and its grand strategy.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Poland Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Turkey Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Romania Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Bulgaria Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Iran Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Egypt Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Australia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q1 2013