New Medical Devices research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/08/2014 -- Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. It can affect numerous organs and tissues of the body. When a patient is suspected of having a particular type of cancer, a biopsy procedure is performed to extract a target tissue sample for histological analysis. This intervention typically provides a definitive cancer diagnosis for the patient. Given that these procedures play such an important role in the diagnostic pathway for various cancers, medical device manufacturers have worked to develop biopsy devices that maximize the volume and quality of the tissue samples, as well as decrease their negative impact on the patient's body. As seen with other medical device markets, less invasive biopsy techniques have entered the market and have established a new gold standard in many global regions.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
A similar pattern in biopsy procedure volumes for the cancer indications covered in this report can be observed in the major South American market of Brazil as in the major European markets previously discussed. Both prostate and breast biopsy procedures account for the largest portion of the overall market.
- An overview of biopsy devices, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized SA biopsy devices market revenue and future forecasts from 2010 to 2012, forecast for 7 years to 2019.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for biopsy devices.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
- Strategic assessment of the biopsy devices sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL).
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand the trends shaping and driving SA biopsy devices Market.
- Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
- Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in SA biopsy devices market through 2019.
- Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Argon Medical Devices, Boston Scientific, Cardinal Health, CareFusion Corporation, Cook Medical, C. R. Bard, Devicor Medical Products, DTR Medical, Gallini Medical Devices, Hologic, INRAD, Intact Medical Corporation, TSK Laboratory
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- MediPoint: Biopsy Devices - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Peripheral Vascular Stents for the Lower Extremity - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Cardiac Rhythm Management - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Biopsy Devices - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Breast Cancer Imaging - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Biopsy Devices - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Predictive Breast Cancer Gene Testing - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: In-Vitro Colorectal Cancer Screening Tests - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Diagnostic Cardiac Biomarkers for Acute Coronary Syndromes - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts