Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Pakistan Food & Drink Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/27/2014 -- Political instability and persistent militant activity will continue to hamper foreign direct investment (FDI) in Pakistan's food and drink industries, detracting all but the largest companies that can withstand such high risks. Nevertheless, we continue to view Pakistan as an important potential longer-term market, provided other factors allow for the rise of consumerism and the expansion of modern retail formats.
Headline Industry Forecasts (local currency):
- 2013 per capita food consumption growth = +9.72% year-on-year (y-o-y); compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2017 = +9.90%.
- 2013 soft drinks sales growth = +10.60% y-o-y; CAGR to 2017 = +11.88%.
- 2013 alcoholic drinks sales growth = +12.15% y-o-y; CAGR to 2017 = +11.11%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales growth = +12.76% y-o-y; CAGR to 2017 = +13.68%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
Pakistan's Onion Exporters Expecting Bumper Exports: In October 2013, The Lahore Times reported that Pakistani onion growers are expected to receive massive orders from Indian importers, given the acute shortages of the vegetable in India following the storms that devastated many crops there. Some 200,000 metric tonnes of onion are expected to be exported, both to India and to other destinations, including Bangladesh, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Malaysia, given that those countries usually rely on imports of onions from India.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Singapore Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- India Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Netherlands Food & Drink Report Q1 2014