Fast Market Research recommends "R&D Trends 2012" from Datamonitor, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/10/2012 -- Mounting pressure to reduce the cost of R&D and boost productivity has resulted in pharma companies undertaking radical strategies as the search for efficiency continues. With the ongoing patent cliff triggering a wave of patent expiries, pharmaceutical R&D is at a turning point.
- Provides an overview of the key R&D challenges facing pharma today as well as pharma's solutions to alleviate these pressures.
- Trend analysis of R&D metrics, both industry wide and on a case-by-case basis for key Big Pharma companies.
- Insight into pharma's R&D externalization strategies, supported by case study analysis.
- Case study analysis comparing and contrasting the performance and clinical pipelines AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Roche, and Sanofi.
As a short-term solution to increase profitability, the numerous companies have slashed their budgets, including R&D investment, but in the long term, downsizing may not prove to be sustainable, and as a result companies are placing a greater focus on collaborative R&D.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Externalization has become a core strategy in order to overcome R&D challenges, with companies opting to source their drug candidates via M&A, collaborations, licensing/co-development deals, venture capital investments, and partnerships with universities, spreading the cost and risk of drug development.
Pharma companies have re-evaluated their R&D pipelines in recent years, focusing on high growth, niche areas, while deprioritizing areas with low unmet meet. Consequently, leading pharma companies are focusing on developing candidates for secondary care indications while simultaneously reducing their efforts in primary care diseases
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the key R&D challenges facing pharma today?
- What strategies is the industry employing to alleviate pressures on R&D?
- What types of externalization strategies are pharma companies using to bolster the clinical pipelines?
- What are the key drivers and strategies that have shaped the clinical pipelines of leading pharma players?
Abbut Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - Q1 2012
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - February 2012
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - March 2012
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2012: Private Label Manufacturing and Innovative Packaging, Trends and Opportunities, Budget Allocation and Key Growth Markets
- New Product Trends and Changing Demand in the Interior Design Industry in 2012: Survey Intelligence
- Market and Technology Trends in the Interior Design Industry in 2012: Survey Brief
- Global Packaging Industry Survey 2012: Trends and Opportunities in Packaging, Budget Allocation, Procurement and NPD
- Global Business Survey: Revenue Growth Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2012-2013