Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/19/2014 -- Over the review period, manufacturers set their focus on furthering personalisation and premiumisation in sanitary protection. U by Kotex, launched in 2010, was the first major venture in this direction. With coloured packaging, a shiny black folding carton and metallic silver designs, U by Kotex appealed to consumers via aesthetic taste. Procter & Gamble followed suit in 2012 with its Radiant Collection. The Radiant Collection promises better absorbency and high technology as well as having a designer look. These products and subbrands are part of a larger effort that seeks to drive growth in the mature US sanitary protection landscape. The results are thus mixed - on the one hand, U by Kotex grew by 82% in current value terms between 2010 and 2013; on the other hand, sanitary protection only managed 2% growth during the same timeframe in current value terms. This signals that the introduction of premiumisation and the growth of premium products took share away from standard products rather than spurring growth at the top line level.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Procter & Gamble is the clear leader in sanitary protection in the US with a 46% value share. Procter & Gamble maintained its control due to its brands Always and Tampax. Always focuses on towels and Tampax focuses on tampons.
Sanitary protection is expected to record a value CAGR of 1% in constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. Growth is expected to come as a result of the growing US population, the improving economy, and the drive towards premiumisation. The biggest difference between the forecast period and the review period is slated to be the improved state of the US economy, which manufacturers hope will allow their efforts at premiumisation and personalisation to truly bear fruit. Volume growth is also expected to record a 1% CAGR during the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in USA with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in USA, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in USA market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in USA?
- What are the major brands in USA?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sanitary Protection in Macedonia
- Sanitary Protection in Slovenia
- Sanitary Protection in Morocco
- Sanitary Protection in Tunisia
- Sanitary Protection in Turkey
- Sanitary Protection in Ireland
- Sanitary Protection in Finland
- Sanitary Protection in Serbia
- Sanitary Protection in Cameroon
- Sanitary Protection in Sweden