Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/27/2012 -- The report examines Israel's thriving pharmaceutical and biotech industry in the context of its macroeconomic climate and regulatory system. Patented and generic markets are separately forecasted to 2017. Healthcare systems and leading compnies are also analyzed.
- Plan your company's strategy for Israel by assessing factors driving and restraining market growth.
- Forecast the growth of patented and generic markets to 2017.
- Understand Israel's health insurance and healthcare systems including changes to reimbursement policy.
- Assess the macroeconomic outlook and dynamics of Israel's economy.
- Learn strategies of leading pharma market players and distributors.
From 1996 until 2011, Israel's average annual Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Growth was 3.85% reaching an high of 10.89% in September of 2000 and a record low of -3.94% in December of 2001. Healthcare spending was 7.5% of GDP ($16.5bn) in 2010 which is comparable with other developed countries.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Israel has universal healthcare which is available through compulsory participation in one of four insurance plans. Individual Israeli citizens pay health taxes to the National Insurance Institute based on income. The health tax is combined with funding from general revenue, is distributed to the sick funds, according to their enrollment.
In 2012, the number of drugs added to the basket of reimbursed products decreased from 2010 levels. In 2010 201 new drugs and technologies were added which was a figure that was closely duplicated in 2011. In 2012 the basket of medical technologies has a planned inclusion of 77 new medications and medical devices at a cost of approximately $80m.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the current market size and what is it forecast to reach by 2017?
- What is the nature of intellectual property protection in Israel?
- What is the process of gaining approval for a clinical trial in Israel?
- What are the key features of Israel's healthcare system, national insurance programs, and reimbursement mechanisms?
- What strategies have the leading players in the Israeli pharma market used?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Licensing Strategies of Large Pharmaceutical Companies - Weak R&D Pipelines and the Patent Cliff Stimulate In-Licensing Activity
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain in Europe - Adoption of Direct to Pharmacy (DTP) Model to Boost Efficiency and Optimize Pricing
- Buyer Spend Activity and Procurement Behaviors and Strategies in the Pharmaceutical Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Industry Dynamics, Growth, Threats & Opportunities in the Pharmaceutical Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in India - Strategic Partnerships Between Domestic and International Pharmaceutical Players are the Driving Force
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in Indonesia and Philippines - 100% Foreign Direct Investment in Indonesia and Extensive Insurance Coverage in the Philippines Attract Foreign Pharma Companies
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited - Product Pipeline Review - H2 2011
- Buyer Spend Activity in the Pharmaceutical Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Brief