Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/24/2014 -- The Danish reinsurance segment is small, and insurers operating in Denmark cede a low percentage of their premium to reinsurers. The percentage of reinsurance ceded varies between 0.5% and 5.7%, depending on the segment. The occurrence of natural disasters increased the insurer's dependence on reinsurers during the review period. The segment registered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.9% during the review period (2008-2012).
- During the review period, the premium ceded to reinsurance by Danish direct insurers increased in the personal accident and health insurance segment
- The reinsurance segment's written premium increased at a CAGR of 16.9% during the review period
- The reinsurance segment was led by facultative reinsurance during the review period, which accounted for 62.7% of the segment's written premium in 2012
- The Danish reinsurance segment contains both domestic and foreign reinsurers
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Denmark:
- It provides historical values for Denmark's reinsurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Denmark's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Denmark and its growth prospects.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Danish reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Danish reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Danish insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Swiss Re Denmark Reinsurance A/S, Aspen Re, Arch Re
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017