Fast Market Research recommends "Reinsurance in Spain, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" from Timetric, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/05/2014 -- Despite the global financial and European debt crises, the Spanish reinsurance segment registered a review-period (2008-2012) CAGR of 9.6%, increasing from EUR3.2 billion (US$4.6 billion) in 2008 to EUR4.6 billion (US$5.9 billion) in 2012. The Insurance Compensation Consortium (CCS) provides cover for all natural disaster events through a compulsory surcharge based on sums insured, which set a very low requirement for insurers to seek natural disaster reinsurance, which includes unexpected natural and socio-political risks. With gradual economic improvement and increasing public confidence in insurance products, the segment is expected to post a forecast-period (2012-2017) CAGR of 7.1%.
- The Spanish reinsurance segment continued to grow at stable rate during the review period, despite the variable nature of the industry during this time.
- Due to provisions by the CCS, there is little need for insurers to seek catastrophic reinsurance, which includes unexpected natural and sociopolitical perils.
- Solvency II implementation is expected to increase demand for reinsurance as minimum capital requirements will rise and firms will concentrate on adopting risk mitigation strategies.
- Reinsurers continue to explore the segment's growth potential.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Spain:
- It provides historical values for Spain's reinsurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Spain's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Spain and its growth prospects.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Spanish reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Spanish reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Spanish insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Mapfre Re, Nacional de Reaseguros SA, Swiss Re, ACE Tempest Reinsurance Ltd, Banco Santander, SA, XL Re, General Reinsurance AG, Scor Re, RGA Re
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Hong Kong, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017