New Financial Services market report from Timetric: "Reinsurance in the US, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/18/2013 -- The US reinsurance segment incurred substantial losses during the review period as a result of the occurrence of a series of natural disasters such as Hurricane Gustav, Hurricane Ike, the ice storm in New England in 2008, Northeast ice, snow and blizzards in 2010, tornado outbreaks in Alabama and Joplin, floods in Mississippi and Hurricane Irene in 2011.
- As a result of the frequent occurrence of natural disasters, insurers are likely to share larger revenue proportions with reinsurance companies in order to share greater risk.
- These improving macro and microeconomic fundamentals are expected to encourage growth in the reinsurance business over the forecast period.
- Despite the significant catastrophe losses experienced by the property and casualty reinsurance categories, due to the occurrence of a series of natural disasters in the country during the review period, the property and casualty renewals showed a stable increase at the beginning of 2012.
- During the review period, US life insurance companies incurred losses due to the decline in investment returns and unfavorable business and economic conditions in the country.
- Despite the growth potential, the US reinsurance segment is expected to remain exposed to the fundamental shift in the global economy, for example, the ongoing sovereign debt crisis in EU member states and the projected growth changes in the emerging economies such as China and India.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance market in the US:
- It provides historical values for the US reinsurance market for the review period (2007-2011) and forecast period (2012-2016)
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the US reinsurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance markets in the US and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top reinsurance companies in the US
Reasons to Purchase
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the US reinsurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the US reinsurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the reinsurance market
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the US insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: National Indemnity Company, Lloyd's, Swiss Reinsurance America, QBE Reinsurance Corporation, Munich Reinsurance America
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Reinsurance in Singapore, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Reinsurance in Peru, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Reinsurance in Australia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in South Korea, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in Singapore, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)