Pittsburgh, PA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/27/2012 -- Seegrid’s Robotic Industrial Trucks were profiled in the Q1 current issue of Robotics Tomorrow. The article profiles how one Seegrid customer took to the Robotic Industrial Truck right away when they saw how it helped with their workload. On the manufacturing side, an unexpected secondary benefit is that they removed clutter and unsightly pallets from the work areas so the trucks can maneuver, providing a cleaner, safer work environment.
The YUSA Corporation maintains a highly focused effort to grow and satisfy their customer base. In this situation, they were looking for ways to gain efficiencies when moving raw materials to production and finished goods to the warehouse. By accomplishing these objectives, YUSA would improve service levels for customer shipments and increase customer satisfaction.
The solution was clear when the YUSA Corporation was able to deploy the Seegrid Robotic Industrial Trucks with the following benefits:
- Ease-of-use, avoidance of training and costly maintenance practices
- Flexibility of route selection, familiarity with existing equipment types (forklifts and pallet jacks)
- Workforce acceptance, labor savings and general comfort working along manned equipment
Seegrid’s Robotic Industrial Trucks proved to be a perfect fit for YUSA and yielded substantial and immediate benefits, including:
- Reduced Labor Cost: Full-time employees were reassigned to value- added work activities
- Reduced Maintenance Costs: Employees can perform routine maintenance and trouble shooting
- No Facility Adaptation: The Robotic Industrial Trucks required no facility change and were set up in less than one hour
- Health & Safety: Less manual labor, controlled travel speeds and a system driven workflow that promotes consistent safe behavior
About Seegrid Corp.
Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Seegrid Corp. (http://www.seegrid.com) brings robotic vision-guided technology to the material handling industry. Seegrid offers solutions that optimize workflow processes by increasing productivity and reducing costs, creating economic and operational advantages.
Seegrid technology can transform industrial vehicles into unmanned, automated pallet trucks and tow tractors that operate without a need for wire, tape, laser or other automated guided vehicle guidance systems.