Vodafone helps customers to achieve one of their top ten New Year’s resolutions with a new app to monitor mobile costs
North Sydney, New South Wales -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/24/2012 -- Vodafone is introducing a series of new measures to deliver better customer service in 2012 and beyond. The first innovation for 2012 is the new My Vodafone app which gives customers 24/7 access to the tools they need to keep track and control of their mobile usage and get quick and easy answers to their questions.
To be more organised and keep control of spending is one of Australia’s top ten New Year’s resolutions for 2012. Vodafone is today launching the My Vodafone app, which is a simple, new way for smartphone (Android and iPhone) and tablet customers to access the My Vodafone service, which is FREE to all Vodafone customers.
Cormac Hodgkinson, Director of Customer Service and Experience, “Continuing to improve our customer service is a top priority for Vodafone. We made significant progress in 2011, and we are committed to making more improvements throughout 2012. The new My Vodafone app is a great tool designed primarily to give power to our customers to manage their account and most importantly keep track of their spending.”
Hodgkinson continues: “My Vodafone will give customers a much better online experience, providing enhanced functionality that will put more information at our customers’ fingertips.”
Benefits of the My Vodafone app:
- Account usage – customers can follow their usage by handy meters showing how much of their plan entitlements they’ve used each month
- Check account details – customers can view their account and contact details
- Store locator – customers can find their nearest Vodafone store and pinpoint it on a map
- Network updates – customers can get live network updates and service alerts
- Contact us – customers can find the right numbers and email addresses to get the support they need
- Vodafone Central – customers can read all the latest news and special offers on their phone
- Vodafone apps – check out and download Vodafone’s pick of the latest and greatest apps
- Vodafone on YouTube – access Vodafone’s YouTube page for a great selection of videos and information
The data in My Vodafone is updated regularly throughout the day so customers can see their usage.
Customers already have the ability to set balance and payment alerts on their accounts in myvodafone.com.au. A balance alert* notifies the customer when they have reached a nominated dollar amount of spend, which they can select from $100 and $200. For example, the customer will be notified with a TXT when their account balance reaches $100, then again when the balance reaches $150 and $200.
The My Vodafone app is FREE and easy to download. Vodafone customers can TXT “MyVodafone” to 126 610 and they’ll receive a TXT with a link to download the app. Alternatively Android, iPhone and iPad customers can download the app from the relevant app stores. Standard data charges apply to download the application. Check your plan for applicable rates. For more information visit vodafone.com.au/myvodafoneapp.