Hertfordshire, England -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/20/2010 -- From 10 September 2008, if you're sitting a driving test, you'll also be assessed on your ability to drive or ride in a way that shows eco-safe driving techniques.
This assessment is not part of the existing assessment criteria for the practical test and you will not fail your test because you don't demonstrate eco-safe driving techniques.
Visit : http://www.pass-test.co.uk/common/frm_product_info.aspx
The driving examiner will assess control and planning, and at the end of the test will give you feedback, as guidance, on how efficiently you're driving.
Always try to use the vehicle controls as smoothly as possible, with particular attention to:
• starting and moving away
• using gears
• driving at an appropriate speed
This reduces wear and tear on your vehicle and will help in reducing CO2.
Reduce harmful emissions by anticipating road traffic conditions and acting in good time, rather than reacting to them at the last moment, especially:
• showing hazard awareness and planning
• making use of engine braking
• stopping the engine when appropriate
• Tips for 'eco-safe' driving and riding
Follow these tips as a guide to safe driving or riding for economy:
• Check your tyres regularly and keep at recommended pressure
• Don't carry unnecessary weight
• Remove roof-rack or luggage boxes when not needed to reduce air resistance
• Don't exceed speed limits, accelerate gently
• Consider using cruise control where it would be appropriate
•Turn off your engine if you're likely to have a prolonged wait
• Use air conditioning only when you need to
• Plan your route to avoid known congestion points
• Try to travel during off-peak times
Source - Driving Standards Agency
Are you eager to drive?
Do you know you need to pass driving theory test before you can appear for your driving practical test?
If you are preparing for driving theory test for either car or bike -
You can download all official driving theory test questions including new case studies and how to prepare for driving test; driving test free download is also available.
You can choose either direct download to PC or can buy driving theory test CD from http://www.pass-test.co.uk/common/index.aspx
Driving theory test CD contains ALL official DSA driving theory test multiple choice questions, mock theory test and hazard perception demo clips for car drivers and motorcyclists.
Driving theory test & download program prices are very competitive, the prices almost 75% cheaper than the driving test CDs available in market. So why wait, spend less money and pass in first attempt.