Reston, VA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/15/2010 -- BSI is hosting an important free webinar on July 20, 2010 at 1:00 pm ET to review the three Business Continuity Management (BCM) standards recently adopted by the Department of Homeland Security for the Voluntary Private Sector Preparedness Accreditation and Certification Program (PS-Prep).
BSI’s Product Manager for the Americas, Robert Whitcher, will provide a brief overview of three standards, BS 25999, NFPA 1600 and ASIS SPC-1, and discuss some of the similarities and differences among BS 25999, NFPA 1600 and ASIS SPC-1.
Business Continuity Management helps organizations minimize the risks involved in the event of disruption of business. With a certified BCM plan in place, businesses develop resilience and recovery strategies that protect staff, preserve the organization’s reputation and provide the ability to continue operating during the most challenging and exceptional circumstances.
To register for this free webinar, go to http://www.bsiamerica.com/bcmwebinar
About BSI Group
BSI Group is a global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to over 80,000 customers with standards-based solutions. Originating as the world’s first national standards body, BSI has over 2,500 staff operating in over 140 countries through more than 50 global offices. BSI’s key offerings are:
• The development and sale of private, national and international standards and supporting information that promote and share best practice
• Second and third-party management systems assessment and certification in all critical areas of management disciplines
• Testing and certification of services and products for Kitemark® and CE marking to UK, European and international standards. BSI is a Notified Body for 15 New Approach EU Directives.
• Certification of high-risk, complex medical devices
• Performance management software solutions
• Supply chain security solutions which identify and mitigate risks in supply chains
• Training services in support of standards implementation and business best practice.
For further information please visit http://www.bsiamerica.com.
Vice President Marketing