Burlington, Ontario -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/29/2010 -- According to John Rattray, a senior executive with Memex Automation recently discussed Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) as a key performance indicator: “OEE Indicates whether a machine is running at optimum capacity and producing quality output and OEE measurements can help companies avoid downtime and reduce lost production…it can be applied to work cells, lines, areas, or plants.”
While many systems say they automate shop floor data collection Memex Automation does it automatically and directly in real-time. Operator Bar code scanning of work order status and keying in part counts, reject counts, reject classifications, down time reason codes all are inefficient and prone to error.
A statistical measurement used to determine how efficiently a machine is running
OEE % = Availability x Performance x Quality = % Utilization x % Std Rate x % Yield
- Real-time production visibility for everyone in the plant – including alerts through email or paging.
- Accurate key performance indicator with OEE metric
- Identify problems Fast
- Production data collection and reporting
- Downtime and reject cause analysis
- Labor productivity tracking
- Usage-based Preventive Maintenance
- Visual production scheduling
- Connecting production floor to ERP
- Assess Operator Productivity
- Hardware, Firmware and Software connected to machine
- Software for plant wide metrics
- Handhelds, scanners, bar codes, marquees, light trees, devices etc.
- Real-Time connection to machines
- Over 400 data elements collected
- Comprehensive reporting in 8 ways (Reports, web, email alerts, real-time dashboard, cycle charts, KPI's, Down/Reject, Schedule)
About Memex Automation Inc.
Memex Automation Inc., http://www.memex.ca, a unit of Astrix Networks Inc., was created to leverage the research and development of Memex Electronics, which was founded in 1992. Memex continues its tradition of serving the discrete manufacturing sector, supplying component hardware, memory upgrades, and visionary shop floor communication technology. Memex products allow a manufacturer to “Automate the Automation” to increase productivity and decrease costs. Memex Automation focuses on delivering value with Real-Time Machine Monitoring and Control, which utilizes OEE+DNC solutions that boost efficiency by up to twenty percent with minimal capital investment. Memex is based in Burlington, Ontario.