Burlington, Ontario -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/05/2010 -- CNC Works Inc., Joe Gyotar, Owner recently acknowledged the value of Memex Automation, in commenting “It’s an excellent product.”
According to John Rattray, a senior executive with Memex Automation, “Our mission is to save manufacturing by increasing efficiency…usually five to twenty percent. By using our patent pending technology, we can uniquely increase efficiency to monitor and control your machine tools.”
- OEE (Overall Equipment Effectives) can monitor ANY MACHINE in real-time; reporting on cycle time, parts produced, reject analysis, labor tracking and more, all to reduce downtime and improve efficiency for any and all machines.
- DNC can control machines and load programs fast, with special features, all increasing efficiency.
- Component hardware (Memory, Connectivity, File Servers, BTR) make machines perform faster.
Immediate visibility of production status and comprehensive data collection is vital for a competitive advantage. Rattray insists, “Memex Automation understands the need to be more competitive - by automating the information flow companies can manage productivity.”
Companies are Managing Productivity by…
- Sending ERP or scheduled work orders and/or CNC programs direct to the machine.
- Receiving actual real-time status and Shop Floor results immediately back to the Top Floor.
- Increasing efficiency with information - measure it, then manage it.
- Dashboard for the Top Floor to have real time visibility of the Shop Floor.
Data Collection is a Manufacturing Productivity Tool enabling Increased Productivity and is…
- Cost Effective
- Practical and Proven
- All machines - CNC, non-CNC, PLC, Presses, Injection Molding, etc.
While many systems say they automate shop floor data collection Memex Automation does it automatically and directly in real-time. Operator Bar code scanning of work order status and keying in part counts, reject counts, reject classifications, down time reason codes all are inefficient and prone to error.
Memex Automation has a Universal Machine Interface that automatically tracks this information - freeing up the operator to manage the machine. This information is then automatically disseminated from the Shop Floor to the Top Floor for visibility, management, accountability, historical auditability and available for time study analysis.
About Memex Automation Inc.
Memex Automation Inc., http://www.memex.ca, a unit of Astrix Networks Inc., was created to leverage the research and development of Memex Electronics, which was founded in 1992. Memex continues its tradition of serving the discrete manufacturing sector, supplying component hardware, memory upgrades, and visionary shop floor communication technology. Memex Automation products allow a manufacturer to “Automate the Automation” to increase productivity and decrease costs. Memex Automation focuses on delivering value with Real-Time Machine Monitoring and Control, which utilizes OEE+DNC solutions that boost efficiency by up to twenty percent with minimal capital investment. Memex Automation is based in Burlington, Ontario.