The global hydrogen generation market is estimated to reach $138.2 billion by 2019, with a projected CAGR of 5.9%, signifying an increase in demand for a clean and emission free power source that is hydrogen.
Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/28/2014 -- The report "Hydrogen Generation Market by Geography, by mode of Generation & Delivery, by applications and by Technology - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019" defines and segments the global hydrogen generation market with an analysis and forecast of the revenue. The hydrogen generation market will grow from an estimated $103.5 billion in 2014 to $138.2 billion by 2019, with a CAGR of 5.9%.
Browse 88 market tables and 43 figures spread through 150 pages on Hydrogen Generation Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019"
Early buyers will receive 10% customization on this report.
Asia-Pacific: Largest market for hydrogen generation
Asia & Oceania is estimated to be the largest market in hydrogen generation followed by Europe & Eurasia and North America. Asia & Oceania is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% till 2019, followed by Europe & Eurasia along with, North America with the growth rate of 4.3% and 5.8% respectively from 2014 to 2019.
You can speak to our research expert to know more about this report@ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/speaktoanalyst.asp?id=494
Refinery hydrogen production: Biggest market by applications
Refining industry is the biggest hydrogen consumer with 48% of total consumption share in 2014. Ammonia industry is second with 43% share. These top two industries have consumed 91% of total on-purpose hydrogen in 2014. The main regions driving for the growth of refinery hydrogen production are Asia & Oceania. Hydrogen has a variety of applications ranging from petroleum recovery and refining to chemical and fertilizer production, metal production and fabrication, food processing, electronics, fuel cells, pharmaceutical, aerospace, glass production, welding, and R&D labs, among others. Global on-purpose hydrogen production market is estimated to grow with CAGR of 5.4% in 2019, during the same period. Refinery application is expected to be the highest growth contributor with a CAGR of 5.8%, followed by Methanol with 4.9%, during 2014-2019. Refinery hydrogen production is projected to grow due to the increasing demand for petroleum products from developing countries like India and China, and tightening norms to reduce sulfur content in those regions.
Captive hydrogen production: By mode of delivery & generation
When hydrogen is generated at the point of consumption, it is known as on-site generation. If hydrogen is not generated on-site, it is produced using a centralized plant and then delivered with the help of various delivery methods such as pipeline, cylinders, and trailers. Usually, merchant producers cater to customers with small scale hydrogen requirements. However, a small number of customers in the same segment prefer to buy hydrogen generation plants instead of buying from a third party. It is very difficult to segregate these customers and hence, all small on-site production is clubbed under merchant section. The merchant production market is growing at a CAGR of 9.6% whereas, the captive production market is growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2014 to 2019.
MarketsandMarkets is world's No. 2 firm in terms of annually published premium market research reports. Serving 1700 global fortune enterprises with more than 1200 premium studies in a year, M&M is catering to multitude of clients across 8 different industrial verticals. We specialize in consulting assignments and business research across high growth markets, cutting edge technologies and newer applications. Our 850 fulltime analyst and SMEs at MarketsandMarkets are tracking global high growth markets following the "Growth Engagement Model – GEM". The GEM aims at proactive collaboration with the clients to identify new opportunities, identify most important customers, write "Attack, avoid and defend" strategies, identify sources of incremental revenues for both the company and its competitors.
M&M's flagship competitive intelligence and market research platform, "RT" connects over 200,000 markets and entire value chains for deeper understanding of the unmet insights along with market sizing and forecasts of niche markets. The new included chapters on Methodology and Benchmarking presented with high quality analytical infographics in our reports gives complete visibility of how the numbers have been arrived and defend the accuracy of the numbers.
We at MarketsandMarkets are inspired to help our clients grow by providing apt business insight with our huge market intelligence repository.
North - Dominion Plaza
17304 Preston Road
Suite 800, Dallas, TX 75252
Visit MarketsandMarkets Blog @ http://www.marketsandmarketsblog.com/market-reports/energy-and-power
Connect with us on LinkedIn @ http://www.linkedin.com/company/marketsandmarkets