Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Winning and Retaining Business in the African Mining Equipment Sector, 2014” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/01/2014 -- Overall Trends in The Data Revealed:
- Customer priorities in supplier selection are product quality and availability of parts
- Suppliers perform well, but have lower levels of satisfaction in key areas
- Sandvik received the highest average satisfaction ratings, with Caterpillar considered the leading supplier for most categories of mining equipment
- Account managers make a significant impact in the selection process, alongside product quality and use of the latest technology
- Although loyal to their suppliers, customers look for improvement in parts availability and product quality
In July to September 2014, Publisher surveyed 108 mine managers, maintenance managers, procurement managers and other key decision-makers in over 100 operating African mines. The survey primarily assessed heavy mobile equipment, however respondents were also asked about their practices and preferences in areas such as mining software, technology, and maintenance.
Areas of analysis include:
- Customer priorities when buying mining equipment, with ratings of the importance of 16 separate factors for customers when choosing mining equipment, including cost factors, supplier attributes and product attributes.
- Ratings of existing suppliers across the same factors, identifying best-performing suppliers and how well suppliers performed versus the importance of each factor.
- In-depth analysis of the major suppliers, namely Caterpillar, Joy Global, Komatsu, Sandvik and Atlas Copco, including their overall performance ratings and their ratings for each of the factors relative to its importance.
- Rankings of the leading suppliers for each equipment type, with respondents indicating who they viewed as the top suppliers in Australia for trucks, excavators, loaders, shovels, dozers, drills, continuous miners, longwall systems, engines, tyres, pumps and mining software.
- Insight into the likelihood of switching supplier and key action points for suppliers for product and service improvements required.
Winning and Retaining Business in the African Mining Equipment Sector, 2014 published by Publisher's Mining Intelligence Centre, provides readers with a detailed analysis of customer preferences in the African mining equipment sector. The analysis is based upon Publisher's survey of 108 mine managers, procurement managers and other key decision-makers
Reasons to Buy
- Identify key areas for differentiation by understanding what factors most influence choice of supplier
- Target product and service improvement areas based on where mining equipment suppliers are currently underperforming relative to customer expectations
- Develop successful sales and marketing strategies through an understanding of the leading competitors and their strengths and weaknesses.
- When choosing an equipment supplier, respondents rate 'Production reliability and quality' and the 'Availability of replacement parts' as most important. However, over half of respondents feel that suppliers need to improve in the latter.
- Overall the major suppliers perform well in terms of customer satisfaction, however, their weakest ratings were given for two of the three most important factors for respondents.
- Account managers make a significant impact in the selection process with 92% of respondents citing 'Better understanding of your needs' and 88% indicating 'Better ability to build a long-term relationship' as differentiating factors when choosing their current main supplier.
- The majority of African customers have little post purchase regrest and would have chosen the same supplier again (91%), yet surprisingly many intend to change suppliers within the next two years.
Spanning over 63 pages, 12 Tables and 53 Pages "Winning and Retaining Business in the African Mining Equipment Sector, 2014" report Covering Executive Summary, Customer Priorities in Supplier Selection, Supplier Performance and Key Success Factors, Customer Retention and Key Improvement Areas, Action Points and Recommendations, Appendix. This report Covered 60 Companies Few are - Bateman Engeineering, Babcock Equipment, Bell Equipment, Eickhoff, MAN AG, Shantui SA, Wacker Neuson, Gekko Systems, HPE Africa, Trident Mining Systems.
Know more about this report at - http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/winning-and-retaining-business-african-mining-equipment-sector-2014
Find all Mining Equipment Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/mining-equipment
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: