Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/09/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of OpportunityAnalyzer: Allergic Conjunctivitis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2018 market report to its offering
OpportunityAnalyzer: Allergic Conjunctivitis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
The allergic conjunctivitis market has remained relatively static over the last few years, due to a limited number of new products. It is currently dominated by dual-acting products and corticosteroid therapies, which form the core treatment options for both acute and chronic allergic conjunctivitis sufferers. Although these therapies provide effective treatment regimens, there are opportunities for the development of alternative treatment choices, improvements in efficacy, safety and compliance. By 2018, there will be three new entrants to the allergic conjunctivitis market. These new products will help drive market growth and offset the impending patent expiries of the majority of the remaining brands (Lotemax, Patanol and Lastacaft) during the forecast period, which will permit the entry of inexpensive generics. Despite these advancements in the treatment landscape, the allergic conjunctivitis market is not expected to experience a noticeable change in terms of growth.
Key Questions Answered
- The allergic conjunctivitis market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the allergic conjunctivitis market?
- The late-stage allergic conjunctivitis pipeline consists of a new class of therapy, reformulation of existing, non-approved therapies and a therapy with a novel route of administration. Which drug will have a significant impact on the allergic conjunctivitis market? Which of these drugs will have the highest CAGR, and why?
- The allergic conjunctivitis market is currently dominated by generic drugs. How will the introduction of new therapies change the treatment landscape? How will the drug treatment rates change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
- The main driver of the expansion of the allergic conjunctivitis market will be the introduction of three new therapies across the 6 major markets.
- The biggest barrier for the introduction of new therapies will be patent expirations of the majority of the drugs marketed for allergic conjunctivitis, which will result in an increase of generics, and which may negatively impact revenue from branded drugs that are expected to launch in the forecast period.
- The concerns of reducing healthcare costs as part of government austerity measures, particularly in Europe, which will impede market growth. To ensure reimbursement companies will have to work closely together with payers and price their drugs competitively.
- Overview of allergic conjunctivitis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized allergic conjunctivitis therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2013 and forecast for five years to 2018.
- Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the allergic conjunctivitis therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: focus on the five late-stage pipeline drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global allergic conjunctivitis therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global allergic conjunctivitis therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global allergic conjunctivitis therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global allergic conjunctivitis therapeutics market from 2013-2018.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Complete report is available